Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where is the documentation for the POD HD500X MIDI controls

amsdenj

The older POD's provided documentation for the various MIDI control sequences so you could write your own programs to interface with the POD. But I don't see a similar document for the HD500X. Anyone know where I can get one?

I meant the MIDI controls for all the different amp and effect parameters, not just the hardware switches and dials.

Those parameters can't be controlled by MIDI, at least not directly. You can have the tied to one of the expression pedal controls and control that by MIDI. But there's no extensive MIDI map that lets you control individual amp and effect parameters.

Odd, the POD 2.0 could be completely controlled by MIDI - I created a Palm Pilot application to do exactly that many years ago.

What API does the HD Editor use to interface with the POS - its not MIDI since its done through a USB connection. Is that API or the protocol it uses available?

It might be MIDI because you can have MIDI over USB, and the HD500 appears as a MIDI device even though it doesn't expose the physical MIDI ports on the HD, so you can't use the HD500 as a MIDI interface. 

What is probably happening is the HD Edit interacts with the HD500 through SysEx MIDI, but Line-6 haven't published any information about how it works.

It might be possible for MIDI Ox or something like it to monitor the messages on the HD500 MIDI Device, in which case you might be able to reverse engineer the interface specification, but that might be rather a long a job!

What API does the HD Editor use to interface with the POS - its not MIDI since its done through a USB connection. Is that API or the protocol it uses available?

No, that API is not publicly available. I'm sure Line 6 considers it IP.