Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Delay Settings in POD HD500X

ehsan_vahidinia

The short answer is yes, the delays are easy to set up with the editor software, and once you get comfortable editing directly on the POD they are pretty easy there. But there is one downside; if you want to set the specific bpm instead of milleseconds, you have to go into the utilities menu.

I love my DD20 and have started using it in the effects loop with great results.

Setting up delays is super easy on the 500x, using either the editing software (preferred) or the unit itself.  Dialing in BPM is as easy as typing numbers when using the software.  When using just the unit itself, the tap tempo is the way to go, or just turn the dial to adjust the milliseconds to taste.  I hardly every dial in an actual BPM just because it can change so easily depending on how much caffeine the drummer had that day!

I find the POD delays MUCH easier to dial in than a DD-7 or a Nova Delay.  Haven't owned a DD-20 so can't compare it with that.

• 1 year later...

I really love both HD500 and DD20.

First question... how do I connect two of them?

All I can think of is Guitar>HD500 Input Mono, HD500 Output Mono>DD20 Input Mono, DD20 Output Mono>Amp

It works for me.. but any better way?

Second question... how can I use tap button on HD500 to control DD20 tap tempo?

No idea yet... please help.

Thanks

Steven