Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk - close to what i want

jonhollis

hi line 6 - Firehawk - almost perfect for what i need. i can see why this all in one floor solution is potentially great for so many people - but for those people that use real amps its scintillating close to a great product but currently no good.

there must be millions of people out there that don't use the amp modelling just the effects.

so i suggest a fire hawk effects only unit. a sort of update to all the M series effects boxes you've had before.

Lose all amp modelling and make all the effects HD

add a channel switching option for amp channels - a jack on the back of the machine - or put midi in.

make the knobs/controls on the foot controller applicable to effects - i.e. - speed, depth, level, mix etc etc.

then everyone that uses a real amp might consider one of these.

i think its worth asking the question as right now without a amp channel switching jack or midi its useless to me. But I'm drawn in by the fantastic foot controller with colour coding switches and the bluetooth to my iPad on stage software for controlling everything. thats your greatest strength right now - the iPad editor app. so simple and so powerful. I've seen so many bands (including myself) where the guitarist has an iPad on stage next to him.

Has anyone tried the fire hawk yet - is there a way of switching amp channels and storing it in a preset?

So unless the PODHD 500x software update includes adding a bluetooth add on and the iPad app to control it i need something like the fire hawk.

• Thanks 1

there must be millions of people out there that don't use the amp modelling just the effects.

so i suggest a fire hawk effects only unit. a sort of update to all the M series effects boxes you've had before.

I'm also interested in this part.

Can't you just select 'no amp' like you can on the AmpliFi FX?

I'm thinking this will bypass the amp modelling and use my existing amp while allowing me to use the Firehawk for the ffects only?

If it can do this, I'm in for one.

So does anyone know if the fire hawk will switch amp channels for me? i can't see how it can looking at the specs. you need a relay jack or midid to do this. just wondering if there was a clever usb option or maybe i will just have to put the footswitch next to the fire hawk and not have it storable. i mean thats ok, but a shame if it can't do that.

There's always a way, I've done several mods on my Zoom G5 pedal, adding switches and such, you could in theory wire your channel switch cable into the vacuum switches on the Firehawk so that patch 1 is clean amp channel patch 2 switches to overdrive amp channel etc obviously you void your warranty etc but I had my Zoom for 6 months and the lack of a tap tempo footswitch was still bugging me so I just added my own, I reckon the finalised details for the Firehawk won't be too long coming out so maybe just keep checking the line6 website for a manual

Yeah the footswitch, it's not as hard as it sounds, if you found a local guy who makes up guitar leads and stuff he'd probably sort it out for relatively cheap but really my main point is you can get the unit and see how it plays out for you and if eventually you decide that ampswitching is really important you can find a way round it