#1 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRetirementville, Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wondering for those who have experience with 2, if stacking two DT25 Cabs is stable enough ?? I have a DT25 Head/Cab and am considering a 2nd Cab. Just wondering if the vertical approach would work ??? I like having the head up at arms reach which would be perfect if sitting on top of two cabs stacked. Last thing I would want is for that pillar to topple.

#2 SteveGordon

SteveGordon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I do it. It's really stable. As a rock. And great sound.

#3 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Steve, was the second cab a significant improvement in your opinion? I think it is a no brainer for me.

#4 SteveGordon

SteveGordon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

It was for me. And getting the head higher is very convenient.

#5 stuchip

stuchip

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Agreed.  You can't beat the convenience of having your knobs staring back at you!  I do exactly the same.  One head on top of 2 cabs.  Solid as a rock.

#6 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yup ... I am just about to order my 2nd Cab.

#7 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

Received the 2nd cab ... used at band practice last week .... totally worth it.  Love the look of "the tower". I think my rig is now "complete".... well, I guess I could use a second head for stereo ..... stop .... stop ... stop .... (that's my wife speaking) .... honestly though, the 2nd cab is a very nice addition. Thanks to all who responded.

#8 Crusty_Old_Rocker

Crusty_Old_Rocker

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts
  • LocationGold Coast - Australia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Two heads on two cabs works a treat. Or stack two DT25s on two DT50 combos.

#9 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4673 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I agree with Crusty about using two DT-25 heads...One DT-25 head is a bit underpowered for Fender spank tone...just doesn't have the power too jump out of the box and stay clean enough...Sorry, just trying to help you rationalize a second head properly.... ;)

#10 Crusty_Old_Rocker

Crusty_Old_Rocker

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts
  • LocationGold Coast - Australia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Space is right. The clean tones using a class A/B power amp aren't loud enough with the DT25 to get a Strat to really quack. Two heads are better than one when you need to get spanky.

Cheers,

Crusty

#11 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

STOP IT you guys .... my wife reads this forum .... lol !~!

For what I am doing I really don't need the second head although I know it would sound awesome ..... but then, I've bought a lot of s%$t I really don't need in the past so why would it stop me now .... !~!~!~ More of the problem (outside of the cost) is lugging that extra gear around. I ain't getting any younger. I wouldn't lug it all to practices anyways (as I can't leave it there), and we don't play that many gigs to justify it .... there .... I've talked myself out of it ... I think.

#12 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4673 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Well, there is always the spacial rationalization...You will never be able to do a proper stereo image without a second head....Always more fun to spank in stereo....

Sorry, Mrs Geppert...could not help myself.... :P

#13 stuchip

stuchip

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Attached File  BDTfIR8CUAA1s3m.jpg   101.88KB   1 downloads

This is my stack, but don't be fooled...the top cab isn't just a cab. It's the combo DT25. This means I have a back up should my head play up & I can run both together via L6 link if I want to 'up the power'.

Usually, I just run the 4 ohm outputs from the head into both cabs & don't even switch the combo on, so I just use the combo's speaker, not its amp. I had to order a longer cable for the combo's built in speaker to reach the 4 ohm output on the head as the factory cable isn't long enough, but it's worth it. Lots of options for lots of different gig scenarios.

P.s - don't tell my wife. She thinks the top speaker is just the normal cab. She'd go nuts if she lifted the head and saw all those buttons! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users