Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax + POD HD 500X + need help with amp.

vile83r

I have a Variax JTV-59 and just recently got the 500x. I already have the Line 6 Spider Valve 212 MKII. Now, I am debating about getting the DT50 to complete this synergistic rig. However, having played through a DT50 with a Variax and 500x at my local retailer and admittedly, I like the Spider Valve better.

My question is this: is there any way possible to get the POD to control the Spider Valve in the way that it does the DT amps with the L6 link and all of that? I want to keep my Spider Valve really bad but, I really want to be able to switch channels and stuff with the POD 500x. Any help is greatly appreciated. I cannot make this decision without knowing if there is a way.

Mike

the DT amps change far more than amp channels.. it has relays and changes the physical operation of the amp itself internally... the power amp in fact... is not modeled at all! the closest you can get is just to go into the spider on the effects loop return and just use the full pod models... then you won't need to exercise any specific controls...