Photo

JTV - patch change toggle within HD500x patch... Possible?

jtv hd500x patch toggle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 big_vin

big_vin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Hi,

I have a JTV69 and I'm looking to buy an Hd500x. In anticipation I've already downloaded the editing software for the Hd500x so I'm familiarising myself with way it works.

I know i can assign a foot switch to switch FX block in and out of the signal chain and that i can assign more than one FX block to a switch. Does anyone know if its possible to assign a foot switch to change a JTV patch in the same manner? I know that each patch within the Hd500x can have Variax patch assigned to it but it would be very helpful if it were possible to toggle between 2 sounds within an Hd500x patch - e.g. An acoustic and an electric... preferably using the same foot switch to switch in/out multiple fx blocks at the same time.

For example if I wanted to play "Pinball Wizard" by The Who, I would need an acoustic sound with quite a lot of compression and a Hi Pass Filter but no 'amp' sound... Then for the chorus it would need and electric sound, different compression, EQ etc., and a 'Hi Watt' or similar...

I know i could use the Mag pickups and an acoustic sound on the variax and go between them with the expression pedal but i want to use the modeled sounds.

As far as i am aware, the variax changes patches using a MIDI protocol down the VDI cable... I cant see that this would be too difficult to implement with software.

I hope i've explained myself - and that i havnt asked a stupid question...

Vin
Xxx

#2 jandrio

jandrio

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts
  • Registered Products:5

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:26 AM

no u cannot toggle between 2 different JTV models within a single Hd500x patch, but u can toggle sounds btween different patches.

exception: use dual path with variax+variax mags input settings in one single patch

path A=variax with ANY amp with CH VOL=0 + BYP VOL=100

path B=variax mags with Higway100 amp with CH VOL=100 + BYP VOL=0

assign both amps 2 a single FS.

when both amps r on, only path B will b audible cause CH VOL  of  channel A is zero.

when both amps r off, only path A will b audible cause BYP VOL of channel B is zero.

set mixer 100L + 100R 'n adjust relative levels.

examine attached demo patch.

Attached Files

#3 big_vin

big_vin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

Thanks Jandrio,

I suspected as much.

Very useful information for a "work 'round" though. Thanks again for taking the time to explain. I appreciate your time in helping me.

Maybe I'll suggest my 'idea' on the line6 suggestions site - see if it can be included in any firmware updates.

Thanks once again for your help,

Vin
Xxx

#4 jandrio

jandrio

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

u r welcome

#5 jmillion

jmillion

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNW Illinois
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

VERY clever. Thanks for the tip and sample patch.

no u cannot toggle between 2 different JTV models within a single Hd500x patch, but u can toggle sounds btween different patches.

exception: use dual path with variax+variax mags input settings in one single patch

path A=variax with ANY amp with CH VOL=0 + BYP VOL=100

path B=variax mags with Higway100 amp with CH VOL=100 + BYP VOL=0

assign both amps 2 a single FS.

when both amps r on, only path B will b audible cause CH VOL  of  channel A is zero.

when both amps r off, only path A will b audible cause BYP VOL of channel B is zero.

set mixer 100L + 100R 'n adjust relative levels.

examine attached demo patch.

#6 jandrio

jandrio

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

u r welcome...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, hd500x, patch, toggle