Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Pod X3 Live Sound Problem, Patches Problems....

urtzimetal

Hello,

I have a Line6 pod x3 live but it doesn't work well. I have update the firmware, but all the patches sounds equals. I have delete all the previous patches when I have update the firmware. I have downgrade the firmware too and everything is just the same. I have recover a backup of another Line6 pod x3 live presets o patches but everything is just the same. I don't what more can I do. Could anyone help me please.

Thanks you very much and best regards.

Urtzi Atienza.

Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by 'all the patches sound equal'? Do you mean they all sound similarly poor (fizzy, scratchy, low volume, noisy, ....) although you can detect a basic difference when you switch patches? Or do you literally mean all patches sound exactly the same - in other words you can't tell any difference in the sound when you change patches (in this case the patch might actually sound good, but they all sound identically good).

If it's the latter case (all patches actually sound identical) it could simply be that you have Tone 2 Locked, and your patches only use Tone 2. To make sure Tone 2 is unlocked, check the padlock icon in the bottom row of the Home page display; turn the little knob beneath the icon until it shows unlocked.

But if it's the former case please provide more detailed information about the bad sound you are hearing.

• 7 months later...

Hello Line 6!

It seems like i have the same problem. My line 6 pod x3 live is sounding dist/chruchy on every sound at every channel a little bit in the background of the sound that I´ve been choosing. When i change sound It only changes a little bit but still have the disted sound on it. I think it is like you say silverhead! "all sound similarly poor (fizzy, scratchy, low volume, noisy, ....)"

I need help, please! Is there anything i can do?

Johan Larsson

Hello Line 6!

I think i have the same problem. All of my sounds at every channel have this little crunchy/distorted sound in the background. I believe that it´s like Silverhead say: "all sound similarly poor (fizzy, scratchy, low volume, noisy, ....)". I can't get at clear or clean sound. Its not possible because the distorted is always there. Thats the best way for me to describe it. What can i do about it? I´ve tried using "Line 6 monkey" but nothing happens. The bad sound is still there. I have also tried to do factory reset but nothing happens.

I need help, please!

Johan Larsson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem. If I reset to factory settings and I put new user patches. When I tried to change from one patch to another, all of them begun to sounds equal.

Can some line6 employe answer this topic?????????????????????????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Friends,

I have already put a post on another forum, but just in case it will not be seen, I'll post it here as well.  Many of these sound issues can be easily fixed with a little Isopropyl alcohol or other contact cleaner. 

Unplug all of your cords and power supply, and dip that swab into the alcohol/contact cleaner and then clean out all of your input and output 1/4" jacks.  Give it a couple of minutes to dry and plug her back in and see if this alleviates your sound problems.  I don't know how many times this little trick has saved me tons of money and valuable time chasing down other "fixes" when this was all it was.  Dirty input/output jacks!!!

Let me know if this helps any of you out :-)

Art

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a Line6 pod x3 live but it doesn't work well. I have update the firmware, but all the patches sounds equals. I have delete all the previous patches when I have update the firmware. I have downgrade the firmware too and everything is just the same. I have recover a backup of another Line6 pod x3 live presets o patches but everything is just the same. I don't what more can I do. Could anyone help me please.

Thanks you very much and best regards.

Urtzi Atienza.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Friends,

I have already put a post on another forum, but just in case it will not be seen, I'll post it here as well.  Many of these sound issues can be easily fixed with a little Isopropyl alcohol or other contact cleaner. 

Unplug all of your cords and power supply, and dip that swab into the alcohol/contact cleaner and then clean out all of your input and output 1/4" jacks.  Give it a couple of minutes to dry and plug her back in and see if this alleviates your sound problems.  I don't know how many times this little trick has saved me tons of money and valuable time chasing down other "fixes" when this was all it was.  Dirty input/output jacks!!!

Let me know if this helps any of you out :-)

Art

hi 

u mean there should be some dirt like dust or something else ?

cause the dirt always makes electronic devices not work well :/

and tnx for ur solution i thinks its gonna work (Y)

• 8 months later...

Did any of you find the solution for this issue?

I've just bought used Pod X3 live and I have exact the same problem of distorted sound in every clean tone.

BTW, I think I've isolated the problem to the amp+cab, since always the distortion disappears when I turn amp+cab off (but the sound also becomes very weak)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same problem. I bought it used and after a few days it developed the exact same issue.  It does seem like it might be a software problem since it developed spontaneously. Maybe some internal component, but hopefully there is a software fix. Based on this forum this seems to be a not infrequent problem, so I'm sure someone will have looked into this.  Has anyone found a fix for this.  I don't think I can get a support ticket or service, since I am not the original owner (I got it through FB marketplace) but any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Same issue here as well. What I noticed about it is that it sounds like digital clipping noise (In an analog box, if you push your signal past the headroom, you get a distorted sound, with digital, the wave form peaks are "clipped" sounding).  The strange thing about it, is that the clipping sounds happen mostly when I play lightly and not when I play heavy. It's almost as if the noise floor is being raised. Like there is some sort of attenuation occurring from the guitar input. I've tried with a number of guitars, different cables, etc... I've tested this with the compressor off and on, no difference. I've owned a number of multi-effects units before and the only other one that behaved very similarly was the Ampero when if was first released.