Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you active looper on a preset change?

maschino

I think the answer to this is "no" since I haven't been able to find it in the manual or something apparent in HD500X Edit, but I figured I'd ask anyway - does anyone know of a way to active the looper as part of switching to a preset?

For a song I perform live I want to capture the first time I play the verse progression as soon as I change to the preset for that tone.    Changing the tone, activating the Looper button, and then hitting the Record button isn't possible to do without missing too much of the verse play-through the first time around, but I'm trying to capture it so I can play another part over the second time through the verse progression.

Hopefully what I'm trying to do is clear, any suggestions appreciated!  Thanks!

Yes, what you are trying to do is clear. And no, it can't be done.That's why the looper in the Pod HD is not very practical for live play. It's useful for tone shaping (PRE position) and for practicing solos (POST position).

If you want to do looping for live play you will need a dedicated looper pedal.

That's what I was figuring, thanks for the confirmation.  With a stand-alone looper I'd still probably have the issue of needing one foot in two places at once for the patch change and loop activation, rather than doing the splits if anyone knows of a looper with MIDI support that may be able to be trigger by the POD on a preset change any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!