Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any JTV owners have this problem with Spank model and 1st & 2nd string?

Tonight I was playing around and selected the Spank model, bridge position and had the tone knob turned all the way down.  The high 'E' and 'B' strings would not produce much sound at all, like nothing was coming through the amp.  The other four strings were OK.  The TModel had the same issue but other models like Lester, Special, etc all were OK on those two strings.  Anyone else experience this?  Please try it if you haven't already and make sure your tone knob is all the way down to '1'.  Thanks!@

Tonight I was playing around and selected the Spank model, bridge position and had the tone knob turned all the way down. The high 'E' and 'B' strings would not produce much sound at all, like nothing was coming through the amp. The other four strings were OK. The TModel had the same issue but other models like Lester, Special, etc all were OK on those two strings. Anyone else experience this? Please try it if you haven't already and make sure your tone knob is all the way down to '1'. Thanks!@

Lots of guys have found it necessary to balance the string volumes for the Strat model (among others...I've made adjustments in almost all of the models I use regularly...some requiring more dramatic changes than others) in Workbench. Sometimes turning down the lower strings to 50-60%. Piezo outputs are often inconsistent, so you'll have to experiment and see what works for you. Rolling off all the high end probably isn't helping matters either.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...