Photo

Xd-v30 (xd-v35) For Instruments

xd-v30l g30

Best Answer RonMarton , 29 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Finally what about modelling? Does the V30L use modelling or is that only applicable to the V30? 

The suffix "L" in V35L only denotes the supply of a lavalier mic and beltpack transmitter with an XD-V35 (or the older XD-V30) receiver.

An XD-V35 handheld (like its older equivalent, the XD-V30) exhibits a modelled response that Line 6 have based on the Shure SM58 vocal mic.

Unlike XD-V systems, the Relay G30 receiver has switchable modelling that emulates either a 15ft (5m) or 30ft (9m) guitar-cabled connection ("Cable Tone") when the G30 wireless system is used to replace that cable from the instrument to pedals and/or an amplifier.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nshack31

nshack31

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi all, reading the forums seems to suggest that the only difference in a v30L and a relay g30 is the cable emulation. Can anybody confirm that this is the case?

aside from cable emulation the specs seem to match up?

thanks

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

...aside from cable emulation the specs seem to match up?

That much is pretty right, nshack31.

They do cost the same and share a common beltpack with a jack socket input.

Nevertheless, I think it's important to note that the V35L (the V30L's replacement, being the current model)) comes with a lavalier microphone ...and aside from the "Cable Tone" you mentioned, (which most players seem to prefer) the Relay G30 receiver's "packaging" and side output jack make it far more "at home" when "sitting" alongside pedals, with its legends and controls being more easily seen and operated from above.

#3 nshack31

nshack31

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

I see, thanks for the info. Finally what about modelling? Does the V30L use modelling or is that only applicable to the V30? Because as far as I'm aware, modelling a mic would make the V30L differ in tone from the G30?

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:08 AM   Best Answer

Finally what about modelling? Does the V30L use modelling or is that only applicable to the V30? 

The suffix "L" in V35L only denotes the supply of a lavalier mic and beltpack transmitter with an XD-V35 (or the older XD-V30) receiver.

An XD-V35 handheld (like its older equivalent, the XD-V30) exhibits a modelled response that Line 6 have based on the Shure SM58 vocal mic.

Unlike XD-V systems, the Relay G30 receiver has switchable modelling that emulates either a 15ft (5m) or 30ft (9m) guitar-cabled connection ("Cable Tone") when the G30 wireless system is used to replace that cable from the instrument to pedals and/or an amplifier.

#5 filter55

filter55

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Are you shure the beltpack is the same for g30, v30l and v35l? Somewhere on this website I read, the v35l had a highpass filter. Is it true? If so, is it switchable? 

#6 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Just to be absolutely clear, I'll repeat that the "L" refers to the inclusion of Line 6's LM4-4 lavalier mic with the XD-V35 beltpack and receiver. 

...Somewhere on this website I read, the v35l had a highpass filter...  

I am certain that the XD-V35 version of that supplied TBP06 beltpack does indeed feature a permanently engaged high-pass filter which is specifically designed for speech, but one of the Line 6 guys would need to let us know whether the Relay version is any different.

For me, there's no doubt that (given a choice) I would always stick with "horses for courses" every time, ...Relay for instruments, XD-V for vocals, in the six-channel systems.

(My eight XD-V beltpacks are the 12 or 14 channel TBP12s which include the prodigious filtering and modelling options that have almost totally freed me from my 100m drum of Canare star-quad multicore and DI boxes.)   

#7 filter55

filter55

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

So I assume the xd v35l is not suitable for guitar. That´s a pity. I don´t need that cable emulation.

#8 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

What's your actual concern ?

They cost the same.

You can switch off the "Cable Tone" at the Relay G30's receiver ...and  no, you wouldn't use the mic that's supplied (effectively "for free") with an XD-V35L for the acoustic pickup of a guitar.

Also, this...

So I assume the xd v35l is not suitable for guitar. 

...is a decidedly unsafe assumption, as a guitar jack will plug into and work with the XD-V35 beltpack.

It would then be up to your ears to decide whether or not the inbuilt bass roll-off hinders, helps or is of no consequence at all when tried with your instrument's pickup.

#9 filter55

filter55

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

Sorry if I was unclear. I expect as little coloration as possible. So to me a high pass filter, as used by v35l, is not acceptable in a guitar transmitter. Maybe it´s just me. I wish they offered a G35 with the extended range. 

#10 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Aah, I see. Range.

It seems to me you might need to spend the extra for a G55.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xd-v30l, g30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users