2 replies to this topic

#1 sidblevins

sidblevins

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

I play in open tuning alot and regular so the JTV guitar was the perfect answer so I thought... one guitar that can help do it all. In open tuning the high E,B,G have weird harmonies on them. not a singular note like it should be. I have re-flashed it 3 times and reset it. I use it with a HD500 so I bypassed the HD500 and played straight and same thing the bottom 3 strings are playing a weird off harmony instead of the single tuned note. any advice guys???

HELP!!! I have a show tonight and need to have this working... No new updates and I hope someone has a answer... Thanks

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11383 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

You may simply be hearing the vibration/pitch of the natural string resonance. Try recording a sample of the sound, or wear closed-back headphones through the HD500 while playing. Both of those techniques shopuld allow you to hear only the output of the JTV - the natural string vibration will not be recorded, and will be inhibited by the headphones.

If you still hear the dissonance in a playback of the recording, then there is a problem to investigate. If you don't hear it in the recording then you can be sure your audience won't hear it either.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 nikoniablue

nikoniablue

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSt Albans, England

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

This is almost certainly the common issue that I had and others on here.  As Uberguru says - listening back to a recording is the only conclusive test.  Sometimes the guitar is so resonant that the acoustic sound even breaks through into headphones!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users