9 replies to this topic

#1 VinceSoliveri

VinceSoliveri

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

For the longest time I have had huge problems with my Pod HD 500. I am constantly hearing excess and un-needed noise whenever I am playing on a clean patch (and I can only assume it is happening on distorted patches although you can't hear it). No matter what amp model I'm using, the noise is persistent. I always thought maybe the pickups on my guitar are too hot, but as a raise or lower the pickups, the problem still occurs, even if I enable the PAD switch. I do not believe the pod is clipping for I have the volume knob at about 60% and the mixer volumes (VOLUME A & VOLUME B) set at -5 db. I have all the latest updates and I honestly do not know what to do. I have recorded an example the sounds I am hearing so it can give a clearer indication of what I mean. I will post the link. I recorded a direct signal with a clean patch from the Pod to my interface.Then I recorded the same riff, but with everything on the signal chain disabled. Lastly I recorded my guitar directly into my interface. 

When it is the completely dry signal from my guitar, i do not hear any additional noise so I can only assume its my Pod.

Please help. I am getting awfully fed up with this issue.

Thanks

Here is the recording: 

http://puu.sh/3rr3I

Attached Files

#2 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

to be honest except a very little distortion on the 3rd sound when you hit the strings stronger, I don't hear any strange noise, just the normal pick attack when strumming the strings

all 3 sounds are very dry with no ambience at all, too much dry for headphone hearing, a little room reverb could add a 3rd dimension to the sounds and make them more pleasant and natural

if the light distortion on the 3rd sound is disturbing you, turn down a little the drive and if necessary raise a little the amp volume to compensate

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11511 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Check your Inputs. Try assigninf Input 1 = Guitar and Input 2 = (any unused input; something other than Same).

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

i notice if i have input 2 set to mic, i get noise

I'M SO HAPPY!

#5 fmarinheiro

fmarinheiro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Share the patch you've used it may be easier to help. 

#6 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I had this same issue a couple years ago after a flash memory update. You may try reflashing and see if it goes away. It worked for me. Good luck!

#7 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

http://www.foobazaar...eshooting#noise

s

Listen to my band here:

#8 moondancer

moondancer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

May be it depends on my pc speakers, but I can't hear any disturbing noise. some fx add a very little distortion to the sound, some add a little noise. If you use the standard setup for input: All inputs at 1 and 2 you can get some clipping. Best is use input1 as "guitar" and input2 as "Variax" (only input1 goes to the tuner, and the "Variax" is digital, hence less noise).

Stay tuned brothers

Regards Edgar

#9 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

If you Mic as an active input but unused you should look at the trim knob as this can introduce hiss if turned up.  Basically the approach is that unlike the demo presets where everything is active, your presets that you actually use should only have the minimum inputs active to reduce noise

#10 napynap

napynap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPalmdale, CA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

VinceSoliveri,

As confirmation, I listened to your 'clean problems' file on good speakers. The hiss is most definately there, and seems to get worse with each note that you add. Hopefully a solution will show up in these replies!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podhd, hiss, distortion, problem, fix, clean, patch, help, clipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users