Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 Workbench connection

I am not sure exactly what pieces of equipment you are using and how they are connected, but there are a couple of points that are often overlooked:

Make sure you are using either the Workbench hardware interface device (or a VDI equipped Pod HD device) properly connected to your JTV and to your computer running the Workbench software.

If you are using the Workbench hardware interface device make sure your JTV battery is fully charged and that you have a 1/4" standard guitar cable connected to the JTV .

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply, everything is connected and battery fully charged, jack connected to guitar as well, volume turned up too.

I have re-started computer, taken the plugs out, counted to ten and done just about everything except stand on one leg, (I have to laugh or else I will scream)

The only cable I have just the one of is the one that connects to the guitar, so I guess that could be faulty, who knows, I just hope if I ever get it to work it will be worth the effort.

The cable that connects the guitar to the hardware interface is a standard Ethernet cable, although yours may have a round protective housing at one end. For testing you could use any standard Ethernet cable.

Also, make sure you try using other USB ports on your computer and avoid using any usb hubs.

Have you run Line 6 Monkey? Does it give any hints?

Does the guitar work normally otherwise?

I dont have another ethernet cable to test with but I will run Line 6 Monkey and see what comes up.

I've tried using all the usb ports and no, I have not used any hubs.

The guitar works just fine in every other way.

I've even checked the internet in the hope of finding a workbench setup video, loads of demos but no setup.

I appreciate your help, thanks

Guitar side means the dongle is not communicating with the Variax.  It has nothing to do with the PC side.  You need to figure out why that side isn't working.  Could be the dongle, the cable, or the guitar itself.  Look carefully at the pins in the VDI connector on the guitar and make sure that the pins are not damaged.  That is one possible cause of the problem.

Glad you're up and running with it.

While a standard Ethernet cable works you should not use it long term. The issue is with the connection at the guitar. A standard cable does not provide extra protection and security where the connector is. If this connector jiggles around or is jarred at the connection point it can damage the connection pins inside the guitar causing not only loss of connection but also an expensive repair to the guitar jack.

You should obtain a replacement for the cable that came with the guitar. It should have some sort of extra protection at the end of the cable to ensure a more stable and secure connection.