Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jonesing to play live! Anyone else feel this addiction?

stumblinman

Took six months off as a band to let my arms heal (golfer's elbow in the left arm and nerve issues in the right) and learn some new songs.  Got the songs down, just wish we could start playing live right away.  It's a damn shame you have to book almost a month out around here to get a gig.  I'm dying inside.  I think it's a sickness for which there is no cure, especially now that I'm trying to use my HD500x direct instead of through my DT25.  Gonna be a big change, but I'm excited to see how it goes.

• Upvote 3

Took six months off as a band to let my arms heal (golfer's elbow in the left arm and nerve issues in the right) and learn some new songs.  Got the songs down, just wish we could start playing live right away.  It's a damn shame you have to book almost a month out around here to get a gig.  I'm dying inside.  I think it's a sickness for which there is no cure, especially now that I'm trying to use my HD500x direct instead of through my DT25.  Gonna be a big change, but I'm excited to see how it goes.

I can relate although not with gigging. A month sounds like too long for me. I think I would have to look into doing my own thing 'cause I may not have the same drive in a month, lol. Sounds like your ready 2 go!! Hang in there. Wish you the best :)

• Upvote 1

You know, in a pitch the DT25 would still serve you as a backline / stage monitor for your studio/direct tone..

Use the HD500's XLR outs to feed the main mix / PA, and send a mono 1/4" to the FX return on the DT25.

Maybe run a volume pedal between the HD500 and the DT25? So you can adjust the DT25 'monitor' level without changing the output to the main mix..

You know, in a pitch the DT25 would still serve you as a backline / stage monitor for your studio/direct tone..

Use the HD500's XLR outs to feed the main mix / PA, and send a mono 1/4" to the FX return on the DT25.

Maybe run a volume pedal between the HD500 and the DT25? So you can adjust the DT25 'monitor' level without changing the output to the main mix..

I have powered monitors I can feed to as well. My patches are all mixed to center as well, so I can just take one of the 1/4" outs and run to FOH and the other to a backline monitor. Thats probably my plan.

Yep, I ask my singer most days, why don't we have gig tonight! LOL..... Stage can be addicting. 

One month out for giging sometimes is not bad. Around here some places are booked out until summer. Recently just took a July date because that was the first opening they had. Thankfully for us we had some others lined up. The saving factor is there are a couple of places that run open mic/Jams were we can go and play at least two or three songs.