Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custom Settings not holding when unit is powered off.

slaytallica

Hey everyone. New to the forums.

So Ipicked up an HD500X recently to use at Church i set up my set list and saved it and sent it to the unit From my Mac. And notice when I power down some of the settings dont stick. Getting frustrated with this thing and ready to return it and stick with my AxeFx. But i want to like it as i love thebease of portability. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Peace

Slay

Do you have the Edit program running when this happens? If so, try to avoid touching the buttons and switches on the Pod Hd device while Edit is running. Make all your changes in Edit and then SEND the presets to the pod device. Disconnect the usb and quit Edit immediately after SENDing. You should then be able to use the device and find all changes properly stored.

• Upvote 1

There are situations where the edit program memory and the device memory get out of sync, leading to symptoms such as you describe. These situations are hard to pin down to the Edit program software because they often occur randomly and only seem to affect some users - not all. It seems to relate to the user's computer environment, especially the reliability of the usb connection.

If you find a procedure that works reliably for you and does not result in the loss of sync/data, use that procedure all the time. There's not likely to be a new release of the editor program designed to 'fix' something that doesn't exist for everyone, and can't be properly diagnosed and debugged.

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth I found it a bit challenging to get things to save at first as well.  I use this procedure now, and it never fails (for me anyway):

1) Edit patch

2) Save setlist as, yes to overwrite

3) Send to POD (this is the step I was missing, as it's not that clear you need to do this at first)

4) After sync is complete, hit save twice on POD to overwrite the current patch (probably not absolutely necessary but I do it just in case)