Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help in defining

yaronnir

Hi All,

Really can use some of your personal experience.

My goal is to have the amp and effects sound like rock from the 90s  (pearl jam, alice in chains, stp, nirvana etc...)

in the POD Edit windows software I have:

Selected the "Brit-J-800" amp, which is based on the marshal JTM45, which most of the grange rock bands uses

I need recommendation on how to set the defaults (drive,bass,mid, treble etc.) 

I do not know what Cab module is or what is it used for. could use a good recommendation here as well.

i also do not know what Mic is and how to set it, so again i could use a good recommendation.

below there is the class, topology and mode, again, i am not sure what they are used for so if you can recommend it would be great.

let's start with this. 

thanks in advanced

the Brit J-800 corresponds to the JCM-800 and not to the JTM-45 (which is represented by the Brit J-45 model)..

topology, class and mode settings don't do nothing at all if you don't have a DT amp linked to the the POD, so forget them..

for the stuff you are going to play you need probably the Brit J-800 model..

the main things you need to tweak are the 2 sources of tube distortion: drive and amp master volume (not to be confused with the master volume physical knob or the channel volume)..

the JCM-800 in particular needs a lower master volume than the default 50% to sound decent, or alternatively you can use the pre-amp version of the same model..

regarding the cabs, each cab/mic combination is a one thing with a particular sound (the mics are not modeled separately), so feel free to try them all if you want for your next experiments, but for the moment the default should work just fine..

when you'll become more familiar with your POD start to experiment also with the DEP parameters..

the upcoming 2.6 firmware will give the possibility to buy and install an improved version of the JCM-800

Right, sorry, i meant JCM-800 (hence it's name Brit J-800 ha!) 

so do I leave bass,treble,mid, pres,e.r to their default?