#1 Harold

Harold

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Put the GK 3 Pickup on and tracks really nice.  Really like the 12 string acoustic with strings on the GR 33.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15514 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

sounds interesting, do you have any youtube links or comparisons?

#3 snhirsch

snhirsch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT USA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Put the GK 3 Pickup on and tracks really nice.  Really like the 12 string acoustic with strings on the GR 33.

Does anyone actually use a Roland guitar synth when playing with, e.g. a cover band?  I can find all sorts of solo performances on YouTube and plenty of synth-oriented original stuff, but no examples at all of a guitarist covering a real keyboard or horn part in an ensemble situation.  I've been toying with the idea of using a GK3 and GR-55 with my JTV-69, but am starting to get the impression that the Roland may sound better on paper than in reality.

40 years of Rock-n-Roll and proud of it!

PRS Custom 24 (1990) w/ GK-3 Hex PU

James Tyler Variax JTV-69(k) w/ Strat Neck

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth

QSC K10 FRFR

#4 Hey_Joe

Hey_Joe

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationYorba Linda, CA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Here's a video I saw over on the VGuitar forum (  http://www.vguitarforums.com  ) awhile back. I think it shows off  examples of a guitarist (and bass player) using the GR-55 for real keyboard or horn parts in an ensemble situation.

http://www.vguitarfo...hp?topic=8174.0

There are many more videos of groups on the gig and in the basemant but you have to search the videos which are primarily tutorials.

#5 Inerzia

Inerzia

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

In one of the bands I play with, we cover Alicia Keys' "Girl on fire", and it's me who plays the organ part with a Roland GR55.
Then there are some dance/disco songs that don't need any guitar but do need other stuff, and there's layering.
For example: I'm playing a JTV acoustic model and need some extra kick for some section of a song, so, on the correspondent

GR patch, I have another 6 string acoustic, or a 12 string, ready to be used. There are many other examples of layering I do.
I'm using the GR55 into the fx return of an HD500, and two variaxes (JTV89 and 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users