Photo

Gearbox Issue: Does Not Change Pod Xt Live Settings

gearbox pod xt live update

Best Answer herr_doctor_F , 03 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

add the line

EnableMIDITx=1

to your GearBox.ini.

In previous versions of the GearBox application it was possible to deactivate the transmission of MIDI CC data to the connected unit, compare for example the "Line 6 MIDI Continuous Controller Reference". The Default is to not transmit the data. For some reason the according checkbox has been removed from the MIDI Setup tab of the current GearBox version 3.72.0. Luckily, the feature can be enabled throught the ini file.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi everyone!) There is a problem:

Changes from gearbox to pod xt live doesnt reflect (exception changing amp or stomp) gearbox knobs in Stomp, amp etc doesnt change postion in the pod xt live.

But there is reflection from pod xt live to gearbox. When I touch real knobs and buttons - it is reflecting in gearbox too (change position, turn on/off etc).

Line 6 Edit works fine, but I prefer Gearbox real-time editing. I try another USB cable - same effect(

Сan  anyone suggest solution for this problem?!

Best regards, olgerd)

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5073 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Are you clicking "Tone Locker" in Gearbox?

If you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers?

***Warning, if you purchased your PODxt Live 2nd hand with extra Model Packs, updating your PODxt  may cause you to lose your Model Packs if previous owner did not properly "Gift" them to you.

#3 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Are you clicking "Tone Locker" in Gearbox?

If you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers?

***Warning, if you purchased your PODxt Live 2nd hand with extra Model Packs, updating your PODxt  may cause you to lose your Model Packs if previous owner did not properly "Gift" them to you.

Thank you for the answer!)

1) I will check it! (when I return to home)

2) Monkey show all green ticks for drivers and other software/flash memory/drivers/line6edit/gearbox)

3) I purchased modelpacks many years ago and recover my old account. All updates are in time)

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5073 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

No worries on the model packs then.

If Tone Locker doesn't solve the issue try different USB ports.

#5 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

I tried another usb port - no effect, Tonelocker doesnot change the effect. If it turn on - with library of the effects/ or turn off - with nothing/

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15528 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

you can always try line6 edit, it may suit your requirements better.

#7 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

you can always try line6 edit, it may suit your requirements better.

Yes, I can) But I prefer real-time editing in Gearbox)

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15528 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I haven't used either in over a year, and never used them in any "realtime" fashion... so other than trying the two different programs i'm not sure i can help.

did it ever work "realtime"?

#9 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Maybe I said "real-time" is not clear. I mean that I use Gearbox knobs and hear the result as I use knobs on PodXTLive. Yes, It works before update, I use my PodXTLive so much times ago, and when I connect it to the Monkey, it downloads some updates or (I dont know what, because firmware was 3.01) and I cant use Gearbox for changing volume, changing pedals, using knobs - I can rotate knobs - but there is no real reflection from POD. All Knobs on its screen arent moving.

Sorry for my English(.I will try to speak more clearly

#10 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15528 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

i'd guess you may have updated the drivers, dig around a try an older version, this might revert back to former behavior.

#11 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

I try older Gearbox, older drivers) Try another computer, another usb cable, another usb. Pod as a separate state works fine - but I cant change the effects and others from PC

#12 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5073 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

So when you run Monkey it sees the PODxt Live and has green ticks for drivers?

#13 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Yes) Green ticks for all) When I try to use old drivers/gearbox I've got a message to update

#14 herr_doctor_F

herr_doctor_F

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:06 AM   Best Answer

add the line

EnableMIDITx=1

to your GearBox.ini.

In previous versions of the GearBox application it was possible to deactivate the transmission of MIDI CC data to the connected unit, compare for example the "Line 6 MIDI Continuous Controller Reference". The Default is to not transmit the data. For some reason the according checkbox has been removed from the MIDI Setup tab of the current GearBox version 3.72.0. Luckily, the feature can be enabled throught the ini file.

#15 olgerd

olgerd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

add the line

EnableMIDITx=1

to your GearBox.ini.

Thank you man! It is my SOLUTION!!! Close this Topic!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gearbox, pod xt live, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users