Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gearbox Issue: Does Not Change Pod Xt Live Settings

Hi everyone!) There is a problem:

Changes from gearbox to pod xt live doesnt reflect (exception changing amp or stomp) gearbox knobs in Stomp, amp etc doesnt change postion in the pod xt live.

But there is reflection from pod xt live to gearbox. When I touch real knobs and buttons - it is reflecting in gearbox too (change position, turn on/off etc).

Line 6 Edit works fine, but I prefer Gearbox real-time editing. I try another USB cable - same effect(

Сan  anyone suggest solution for this problem?!

Best regards, olgerd)

Are you clicking "Tone Locker" in Gearbox?

If you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers?

***Warning, if you purchased your PODxt Live 2nd hand with extra Model Packs, updating your PODxt  may cause you to lose your Model Packs if previous owner did not properly "Gift" them to you.

Are you clicking "Tone Locker" in Gearbox?

If you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers?

***Warning, if you purchased your PODxt Live 2nd hand with extra Model Packs, updating your PODxt  may cause you to lose your Model Packs if previous owner did not properly "Gift" them to you.

Thank you for the answer!)

1) I will check it! (when I return to home)

2) Monkey show all green ticks for drivers and other software/flash memory/drivers/line6edit/gearbox)

3) I purchased modelpacks many years ago and recover my old account. All updates are in time)

Maybe I said "real-time" is not clear. I mean that I use Gearbox knobs and hear the result as I use knobs on PodXTLive. Yes, It works before update, I use my PodXTLive so much times ago, and when I connect it to the Monkey, it downloads some updates or (I dont know what, because firmware was 3.01) and I cant use Gearbox for changing volume, changing pedals, using knobs - I can rotate knobs - but there is no real reflection from POD. All Knobs on its screen arent moving.

Sorry for my English(.I will try to speak more clearly

• 3 months later...

add the line

EnableMIDITx=1

to your GearBox.ini.

In previous versions of the GearBox application it was possible to deactivate the transmission of MIDI CC data to the connected unit, compare for example the "Line 6 MIDI Continuous Controller Reference". The Default is to not transmit the data. For some reason the according checkbox has been removed from the MIDI Setup tab of the current GearBox version 3.72.0. Luckily, the feature can be enabled throught the ini file.

• Upvote 2

add the line

EnableMIDITx=1

to your GearBox.ini.

In previous versions of the GearBox application it was possible to deactivate the transmission of MIDI CC data to the connected unit, compare for example the "Line 6 MIDI Continuous Controller Reference". The Default is to not transmit the data. For some reason the according checkbox has been removed from the MIDI Setup tab of the current GearBox version 3.72.0. Luckily, the feature can be enabled throught the ini file.

Thank you man! It is my SOLUTION!!! Close this Topic!!!

• 11 months later...

I tried this fix but it's still not working. I've got the latest drivers, Any other suggestions?

I sold my PODXt Live this summer. But You can go to the System Setings on your PODXt Live, choose Midi, and try knobs there (i dont remember which are, maybe "on-off" or change another parametr)

I tried this fix but it's still not working. I've got the latest drivers, Any other suggestions?

Hey Plumber Dude,

You are going to have to list what the problem is and what you are trying to connect it to.

Any errors? With L6 Monkey? Gearbox? How are you connecting it? PC/Mac? What OS? What have you tried so far? Stuff like that.

If you have another thread somewhere I missed - sorry :)

-B

• 8 years later...