Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1968 Plexi Variac...?

DarkEdge

they are releasing a new model pack in a few weeks for purchase that has a Variac Plexi model.  Class and topology apply to the DT amps when used with the POD, has no effect otherwise.  Download the advanced guide for info on output modes.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfb244f7b7f489af64/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20A%20%29.pdf

I beleive that Variac Plexi will be the old X3 model not a HD one.

Really?  They're going to charge for X3 models to put on your HD?  Will they sound better on the HD500X than they currently sound on the FX100?  How much are those model packs going to be?  Are any of the new models coming out HD?  Isn't the HD platform nearing the end of its lifespan?  Why are they even charging for these model packs?  Seems like the Firehawk is going to offer quite a bit of the HD technology and I/O.  Are they going to leave something out of the Firehawk to make the HD500x still desireable?  These model packs don't seem like the answer! haha

• Downvote 1

Really?  They're going to charge for X3 models to put on your HD?  Will they sound better on the HD500X than they currently sound on the FX100?  How much are those model packs going to be?  Are any of the new models coming out HD?  Isn't the HD platform nearing the end of its lifespan?  Why are they even charging for these model packs?  Seems like the Firehawk is going to offer quite a bit of the HD technology and I/O.  Are they going to leave something out of the Firehawk to make the HD500x still desireable?  These model packs don't seem like the answer! haha

The model packs will contain HD models as well as some of the most requested "PodFarm" models, look up the threads on "New from Feb NAMM, Line6 staff chimed into clarify a lot of exactly what your asking here. I assume the "PodFarm" models is the same as the X3 models. Still happy to have the ability to get some of them like an acoustic amp even if it's not HD.  As for the FireHawk my understanding is doesnt' have the routing ability of the HD500x. It really seems like a crossover between the Amplfi and the HD500x,