Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I Record Wet And Dry With My Hd500?

samsc

Or, you can use stereo out (both lef&right) for your wet tone, and setup the SPDIF to be dry out. 

(this implies that you have SPDIF in on your audio interface, of course...)

If you use the HD500 as audio interface also, you would have to use the method  as Silverhead described.

Or you can record both Dry on the s/pdif and wet thru the usb interface or line outs of the HD500 to the interface's line input rather than another pre amp input. It is still possible on a preamp input if it is turned right down.

Or you can record both Dry on the s/pdif and wet thru the usb interface .........

I don't think you can use the HD500 usb connection as the audio interface and also use a second audio interface (for the s/pdif). The HD500 uses ASIO and I'm pretty sure the ASIO protocol requires that it be the only audio interface in use at any one time. Some non-compliant so-called ASIO interfaces (like ASIO4ALL) will permit you to use additional device(s) but they are known to cause problems with true ASIO devices like Line 6 products.

• 2 weeks later...