Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any News On The Release Date Of The Firehawk?

Stratotron

Guitar Center keeps adding a day to the release date,currently 3/12. Would it be possible to see a manual prior to release? I am seriously looking forward to having this unit.

The FX100 has revoloutionized/streamlined my rehearsal time. When not rehearsing or playing,I am spending time loading my custom tones to the cloud so I can grab them with the Firehawk. 

Will the units physically be at the store locations when released or only available on line?

Is my lack of patience showing?

Guitar Center keeps adding a day to the release date,currently 3/12. Would it be possible to see a manual prior to release? I am seriously looking forward to having this unit.

The FX100 has revoloutionized/streamlined my rehearsal time. When not rehearsing or playing,I am spending time loading my custom tones to the cloud so I can grab them with the Firehawk. 

Will the units physically be at the store locations when released or only available on line?

Is my lack of patience showing?

Are you going to keep the FX100 too or sell it when you get the Firehawk?   Sorry I can't answer your question though but I'm sure it will be soon. 

Are you going to keep the FX100 too or sell it when you get the Firehawk?   Sorry I can't answer your question though but I'm sure it will be soon. 

Right now, I have the HD500, an HD500X and an AmplifiFX100. You can see, I am a little "back up" crazy! I tend to keep previous rigs as a back up, or until I am 100% comfortable with a new system. I will probably keep the Amplifi for a time. However, I do have a couple of friends that aren't nearly as tone crazy as I am that I may offer the Amplifi to. The Amplifi is incredible for a person that only uses a few patches during a set. It is not unusual for me to use 6 different tones (HD500) during the course of a single song (all 4 patches and toggling fx off and on within a patch). I AM planning on selling the HD500, keeping the 500X. Am I a Line6 junkie?

• Upvote 1

The Amplifi is incredible for a person that only uses a few patches during a set. It is not unusual for me to use 6 different tones (HD500) during the course of a single song (all 4 patches and toggling fx off and on within a patch).

I forgot to add, even though I haven't had all of the HD500 switching flexibility with the Amplifi FX100, I have been using the Amplifi instead of my HD rigs because it sounds so good live. It is like the staff at Line 6 solved for the "Fletcher Munson Loudness Curve" (look it up) in the Amplifi....Hope it carries over to the Firehawk....Blessings, Strato....waiting

I forgot to add, even though I haven't had all of the HD500 switching flexibility with the Amplifi FX100, I have been using the Amplifi instead of my HD rigs because it sounds so good live. It is like the staff at Line 6 solved for the "Fletcher Munson Loudness Curve" (look it up) in the Amplifi....Hope it carries over to the Firehawk....Blessings, Strato....waiting

Wow interesting stuff, so you're saying you like the Amplifi patches better than the HD500X?  Sorry I don't want to open that can of worms in this thread but still though you seem to be mentioning it?  I agree with what you're saying about multiple patches in the same song let alone the set.  I have the Amplifi 150 and that's not practical at all without an FBV shortboard.  Since that's $200 I've been considering holding off on that and getting a Firehawk instead.  What are you plugging everything into, an amp or L2t or the like? 

Wow interesting stuff, so you're saying you like the Amplifi patches better than the HD500X?  

No. I like the overall sound  of the FX100.  Right out of the box, the Amplifi FX100 ounded great to me.I don't believe it has the horsepower of the HD500X. Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming the HD500X. The good and the bad of the HD in my humble opine, Line 6 gives the user the flexibility to dig down deep and taylor the unit anyway you want, the bad is that you have to do it! My first Line 6 rig, XT Live, sat on a shelf for a year because it sounded heavy and brittle, UNTIL, I figured out how to get inside and adjust it, AND understand what I was adjusting! I am counting on the Firehawk to close the gap, meaning, the  sound of the Amplifi, with the functionality of the HD.

I run direct to the board, and have a HUGE powered monitor in front of me. It was one of the house mains before they bought the new system, I commandeered it for my monitor. We use the Talkback system so I have a small control panel at my location that allows me to mix my own monitor. I have used in-ears as well, not since the Amplifi rig.

No. I like the overall sound  of the FX100.  Right out of the box, the Amplifi FX100 ounded great to me.I don't believe it has the horsepower of the HD500X. Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming the HD500X. The good and the bad of the HD in my humble opine, Line 6 gives the user the flexibility to dig down deep and taylor the unit anyway you want, the bad is that you have to do it! My first Line 6 rig, XT Live, sat on a shelf for a year because it sounded heavy and brittle, UNTIL, I figured out how to get inside and adjust it, AND understand what I was adjusting! I am counting on the Firehawk to close the gap, meaning, the  sound of the Amplifi, with the functionality of the HD.

I run direct to the board, and have a HUGE powered monitor in front of me. It was one of the house mains before they bought the new system, I commandeered it for my monitor. We use the Talkback system so I have a small control panel at my location that allows me to mix my own monitor. I have used in-ears as well, not since the Amplifi rig.

Sounds cool, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Firewhawk once you get a chance to test drive it. 

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting on the relaese of the Firehawk. The Easter Service that I am preparing for, has a song list that is especially FX driven, beyond the duty cycle of the Amplifi 100. So out comes the HD 500X. Specificaly, the Stereo Delay in the Amplifi, has an offset instead of a right and left value like the HD500X. We are playing "Stronger" by Hillsongs. I cannot grab the exact delay from the amplifi. Wiht the HD I have right set to 1/4 note and left set to dotted 1/8...Each note goes "Ding-da-da ding ding" Like a doorbell in a cavern.

One other song uses the Sweeper, which doesn't exist on the Amplifi, and another song calls for the Ocatver and the Harmonizer, both of which are also not in the Amplifi.

I had lost track of how incredible the HD FX sound....

I hope I don't need to wait much longer for the Firehawk....I may decide that I don't need it.....Just sayin'.

• 4 weeks later...

Love it so far, and yes the HD amps sound full.  I like how all of the default presets already have the variax settings applied so it is selecting the guitar model and settings for each preset.  Great...even has a preset for the DADGAD tuning on the Led Zep song.  The one problem that I have experienced so far is that it has lost the Bluetooth connection several times while I was messing with it last night....hope that doesn't continue !

Yeah, I am going to pull the trigger on one through Amazon tonight. The manuals and amp/effects lists are now available on Line6.

I need a mental diversion from an issue at work for the next 2 weeks, and I think the Firehawk will be just the ticket!!

The question I am struggling with now....Do I pay the 50.00 bucks for expedited shipping?

To infinity....AND BEYOND!

Yeah, I am going to pull the trigger on one through Amazon tonight. The manuals and amp/effects lists are now available on Line6.

I need a mental diversion from an issue at work for the next 2 weeks, and I think the Firehawk will be just the ticket!!

The question I am struggling with now....Do I pay the 50.00 bucks for expedited shipping?

Two day shipping on Musician's Friend was only $10 extra.

Love it so far, and yes the HD amps sound full. I like how all of the default presets already have the variax settings applied so it is selecting the guitar model and settings for each preset. Great...even has a preset for the DADGAD tuning on the Led Zep song. The one problem that I have experienced so far is that it has lost the Bluetooth connection several times while I was messing with it last night....hope that doesn't continue !

I noticed on a line 6 YouTube video that there seems to be some kind of delay when switching patches, almost like it fades out and fades back in again, is anything like that happening with your unit?

https://youtu.be/ykZnQgtDURg

I experienced a delay in the app display, not the preset sound.  The app display could take about 0-2 seconds to appear for me when switching between the presets.  I did get unwanted overtones when switching between a few presets, but when I muted the strings when switching that took care of it.

Yes, there does seem to be a slight delay when switching patches, but it's not overly noticeable. I have a hd500 and the firehawk doesn't seem to be any worse than what it does when switching patches. The delay mentioned for the display on the app is definitely noticeable (Bluetooth)

Firehawk is in the mail. Found a place in California-through Amazon that had 2 in stock. 6.95 for expedited shipping. Should be here Monday. 

A side question for maybe another thread....When downloading the App to a phone, does it use up Data? My wife and I may be gettting new Samsung phones and I may put the Firehawk App on it. We may be getting a real low data plan because we don't use much.

We ( our group) use Planning Center Online for charts and MP3s which is iPad centric. In rehearsal and sound check, if I toggle back and forth from Planning Center to my Amplifi, Planning Center kicks out the Amplifi Bluetooth connection. It starts getting glitchy from there on out. Not the fault of the Amplifi unit. I am hoping to put the Firehawk on my phone for editing during reharsal and such. Will still use the iPad at home for developing patches.

I will spend the weekend saving my Amplifi tones to the cloud so I can drag them in to the Firehawk. It might save me a few steps.

Blessings, Strato

You use data while downloading the app and when searching the tone cloud, but when your just programming the pedal there shouldn't be any data exchanged via the Internet unless you save the tone to the cloud

You can of course set up the phone to access the Internet through your router at home (if you have one) and then you don't use the data from your phone plan while in the house

The question I am struggling with now....Do I pay the 50.00 bucks for expedited shipping?

Just get it from Sweetwater, free shipping! Depending on where you live, it only takes one day for stuff to get to me..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Firehawk

Yes, It's In Stock!

This item is available for immediate delivery. You'll enjoy the fastest delivery time in the industry with our centrally-located warehouse and latest shipping cut-off times.

Just get it from Sweetwater, free shipping! Depending on where you live, it only takes one day for stuff to get to me..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Firehawk

Yes, It's In Stock!

This item is available for immediate delivery. You'll enjoy the fastest delivery time in the industry with our centrally-located warehouse and latest shipping cut-off times.

I wound up ordering it on Amazon from a place called Pitbull Audio, down in National City, about 40 miles south of where I live. It was on the porch Saturday morning. I had to use much self restraint and just put the box in my music room. I had already worked out my set on my HD500X and wasn't about to obsess on my Firehawk at that point. WE had a substitute drummer and no rehearsal this week, we were basically going over the set in sound check..Not a good time to test drive a new rig. I am not scheduled to play this week so I have 2 weeks free to mess around w't the Firehawk.

Here is something that is noteworthy, I loaded the App and connected to the unit last night and all of my custom Amplify Tones carried over...to My Tones, Not sure how. I have many notes and questions but will start a new post for all of that.