Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 Podhd500x question

gilmourfan75

Hi,

I just got the amp and pod the other day,so im still learning. But I have  question. When making a preset...can I bypass the amp models on pod and have the pod preset recall what I have set up on the amp as the pre amp? It seems to change when I change the patch on pod. I prefer the sound on the amp and want to use the pod for stomp boxes and effects only..not the pre amp models. Do I have to manually tweak the amp every time I change the pod patch? or is there a way to store it. Thanks!

Are you using the L6 Link? If not likely why you don't like it.

Use the L6 link and the "pre" models on the POD. They are the same as the internal models on the DT. Over the L6 link the DT uses te POD models instead of the internal ones. The only reason they might be different is if the POD Flash up to date and the DT is not. Some say they can hear a slight difference between using the DT directly and using the POD over the L6 Link. I always keep my flash on all my L6 gear up to date and I don't hear it, but I guess everyones ears is different.The concept is the POD controls and drives the DT, not the other way around. The only thing that works the opposite way is the knobs, using the L6 link. The Knobs on the DT will adjust the amp model on the POD.

No the DT will not recall settings on the POD.  If you dead set on using the DT directly and not using the POD amp models, you could use the 4 cable method with the DT but that would seems a waste. 

thanks for the reply. The amp it self seems to have more clarity and definition,and are more "tube like"...but I am only a couple of days in so im sure I need to tweak and learn much further. just pulled both out of the box 3 days ago and haven't updated anything

If you connect via L6 Link and use no amp model (bypass config) in path A in the HD the DTbdefaults to using channel B and you can use it to dial in the preamp settings you want on the DT. XLR should be fine unless its very long.

If you want post amp effects (e.g., delay, reverb) not to go through the DT preamp you can use the DT effects loop and come back into your HD via AUX and use path B to add those effects while keeping the mixer panned hard left and right. Use path B output (can't remeber whether right or left) to connect to effects return on the DT.

I think you may be able to send MIDI signals via L6 Link to control channel B configuration on the DT, but I do not know for sure or the details. If that would work you don't have to set the DT manually when you change patches.

Good luck,

Martin