26 replies to this topic

#21 mrzwo

mrzwo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Use the looper to adjust your tones, best tip I've ever had ;0)

#22 withrowsp

withrowsp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Be very patient and take your time.  I almost threw my PODHD away twice and went back to my previous equipment.  I've never been so frustrated in my life.  Then the lightbulb went off and my tones started sounding the way I wanted them.  It was all worth it but it doesn't come easy or quick.

Imagine if someone gave you 100 effects pedals and 25 amps and said "Here, hook it up anyway you want and here's some cabs and mics too".  You'd go friggin' nuts for a month.  That's what the PODHD is like.

I loved this analogy! Good post.

#23 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Stick with it...I worked the POD HD500 for a year, and at times was mega frustrated. I recently went over to the Fender Mustang, and enjoyed it, but quickly found myself back to the POD. Features, tonal quality when tweaked right, etc..is just better with Line 6.

P.S. How did you start a new topic and Post? I just came back here and the forum is totally different. Advice?

#24 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

see my tone guide!

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#25 SiCantwell

SiCantwell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Meambobbo, I've been spending days going over your excellent guide. There's a lot to take in, but I have really liked the sections on ordering effects and organizing setlists.
There sure is a lot of studying that goes with being an HD500 owner! Been reading the manuals and the Tone Guide, and one day I spent a couple of hours learning about the Fletcher Munson curve. It's a lot more involved than hooking up a board full of Boss and E-H stompboxes!

#26 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

definitely a lot to take in - i'm still learning some tricks myself!

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#27 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

All good advices,

I particularly like;

Be very patient and take your time.  I almost threw my PODHD away twice and went back to my previous equipment.  I've never been so frustrated in my life.  Then the lightbulb went off and my tones started sounding the way I wanted them.  It was all worth it but it doesn't come easy or quick.

Imagine if someone gave you 100 effects pedals and 25 amps and said "Here, hook it up anyway you want and here's some cabs and mics too".  You'd go friggin' nuts for a month.  That's what the PODHD is like.

This is so the case, LOLOL

As your already underway I second the simple approach, trying out the Amps first, monitoring thru your rig.

It is more pleasing to tweak from scratch.

It can certainly suck up some trial and error time but the more you do it, the easy it is to just create your texture with the palette provided.

Once you got your preferred Amps and FX a time will come to try out the others to see what you can squeeze out of them.

When you save patches name the instrument your using. Some guys make patches for different monitoring scenarios 

I make patches by the instrument  I made it with. I got a few different guitars and basses.

One last thing, some FX sound better with different guitars.

I discovered some to die for using my Musician bass that sounds shite thru my strat. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users