Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 spider II 30w problems

RubenD

Hi,

I have a spider II 30watt.

The clean channel plays just fine.

The crunch channel seems fine but not 100%

The metal and insane channel lose all base tones after playing for a short time.

I tried resetting to factory settings. It helps for a short time, but the base tones keep faling away and all that comes out the speaker is trebble.

I looked around on forums, and google, but didn't find someone with the same problems.

I looked if something on the circuitboard is burn but didn't find something wrong on sight, and all the capacitor look good.

Does someone heve an idea?

Thanx

The clean channel plays just fine.

The crunch channel seems fine but not 100%

The metal and insane channel lose all base tones after playing for a short time.

That's a strange one. Is it under warranty? Can you return it?

the spider II line was released in 2003 or 2004

i'd say that's a pretty awesome stretch of time for an amp was under 200$ new.....

not to mention if it was a higher end tube amp it would probably be on it's 10th visit to an amp tech. (tubes do require more maintenance.)

just saying from my perspective you did pretty good with a line6 amp.

you didn't expect them to send you free parts for your 12 year old amp did you?

and i'm not saying that sarcastically... i really want to know what your expectation was at this point?

The line 6 support advises me to buy a new one. :huh:  yeah it wont be a line 6. :D

I did not expect free parts, are you kidding me. I expect that I am not the first line 6 spider II user that has this problem, and that they know what the prob whet my amp is. And that they give me a direction to search.

Look I don't live in the trowaway, buy a new, mass production environment. I am a electrotechician and like to repaire things.

So, I am not happy with the easy advise: "hey, buy a new one". 

-> Repaire something, save some monney, save some nature by not trowing everyting away that is broken, but fix it!! Or at least try!!

But thanx for you reply

the spider II line was released in 2003 or 2004

i'd say that's a pretty awesome stretch of time for an amp was under 200$ new.....

not to mention if it was a higher end tube amp it would probably be on it's 10th visit to an amp tech. (tubes do require more maintenance.)

just saying from my perspective you did pretty good with a line6 amp.

you didn't expect them to send you free parts for your 12 year old amp did you?

and i'm not saying that sarcastically... i really want to know what your expectation was at this point?

well the support guys are not at your level of expertise in electronics repair, i'm sure that they simply thought that would make the most sense...

a qualified tech would probably charge 60$ to look at it and the board they would replace would be 100$ if they even still have it (all guessing....)

i guess they just figured the average person would rather spend that money on a new amp...

for an inquiry on your level you should contact a service center

http://line6.com/find/service_center/

many to choose from and all independent....

so if one isnt helpful call another...