Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USING MY OLD SET UP AND MY NEW POD HD500X

rhandy

Hello

I buy one pod hd500x few days ago.

In this momment is connect directly to my Alesis M1 Active Monitors, using 1/4 outputs in Line Mode,

Sounds Good!!!

But I´m thinking to test with my old rack.

I have one Marshall JMP1 Pre-amp And one Marshall 8008 valvestate power Amp, cabinet Marshall 1922 (2x75Watt).

First option  - Can Iconnect direct to power Amp, should use Line output or Amp??? (don´t use the marshall pre-amp)? 

Second Option - Using four cable method - I want to try for Example: One distortion in front and one treadplate or other pre-amp before my pre-amp,  and after colours (delays, chorus, etc). But I don´t know how I can use only pre-amp of an Amp (is only put cab off ???) Effects loop should be put between amp and mixer or after mixer?

Yes your first option will work and you can set the 1/4" outs on the HD500X to LINE.

Your second option will also work and you can use just the PRE-AMP model in the HD500 by selecting NO CAB for the cab option.

The effects loop can go wherever you like it best and that will depend on what fx you put in the fx loop,