Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio KB37 Direct Monitoring????

Hi, 

I've bought the Line 6 Pod Studio KB37 with so called ToneDirect Monitoring, but not sure if that is the same as Direct Monitoring as in most USB based audio interface?

I'm using Adobe Audition and import a music track as track 1, and try to record my voice on track 2 (kind of Karaoke or voice over), but I either couldn't hear my voice or the latency is about 30ms (as low as I could set in Adobe Audition aka Cool Edit)..

And I don't know how to use the ToneDirect Monitoring if that is what other manufacturers refer to as Direct Monitoring, which means I could hear my voice and backing track with no latency.

Could someone confirm if this is possible as I've tried for a few days and couldn't get it to work.

Some microphone such as Shure PG42 got the Direct Monitoring built in but the condenser microphone I've got didn't have this functionally (CAD M179).

If Pod Studio KB37 doesn't work, do I need to buy a mixer or maybe just another audio interface for this such as Fast Track Pro Duo?

Cheers

Wallace

Yes, the KB37 works like other USB Audio interfaces.

Are you plugging your speakers and/or headphones directly into the KB37?

The Tone Direct Monitoring is in reference to being able to hear the processed tones in real time.