Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Support ticket - No answer! Very Bad

rhandy

call them then.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

under normal conditions it takes 3 business days to get a support ticket answered.

they might be busier than normal, because it's not that far out of that window (yes it is after 3 days... obviously...)

I want my tickets answered before I submit them...if L6 cared at all, lol. :P

• Downvote 1

Since I buy my Product I have 15 days to return it back ang give my money back. If no one answer I don´t have problem, just return the HD500x to store and Give my money Back.

What is the problem you're having?

I've logged a couple of support tickets in the past and I thought I would be receiving an email response.  When that didn't happen I started looking into the matter and discovered that I had to log into my account and view the support ticket.

Sure enough, there was a response and they were waiting on me.

phil_m

Before I buy my HD500x in 03/15/2015 I visit web site and see features for new firmware V2.6.

My vendor says I dont have any problem and I can Upgrade it for free.

Now I see I have to pay to have more amps. For that I wait and I dont buy it now, I  beleive new POD HD500x comes out with all new firmware included. I only have to wait one month.

phil_m

Before I buy my HD500x in 03/15/2015 I visit web site and see features for new firmware V2.6.

My vendor says I dont have any problem and I can Upgrade it for free.

Now I see I have to pay to have more amps. For that I wait and I dont buy it now, I beleive new POD HD500x comes out with all new firmware included. I only have to wait one month.

You believe wrong, and will be disappointed on multiple levels. First, all the new firmware will get you is the global EQ, not the new models. The firmware is independent of the model packs. If you want the new models, you will have to pay for them just like the rest of us. Second, a month from now, the stock that stores have will be essentially the same stuff that's out there now. You'll have to wait a considerable, and indeterminate length of time for all the units with older firmware to get bought up before any new batches with the new firmware will ship. You could end up buying it a year from now and still not get the newest firmware. No guarantees about how long something sits in a warehouse, or a retail stockroom.

• Upvote 1

You believe wrong, and will be disappointed on multiple levels. First, all the new firmware will get you is the global EQ, not the new models. The firmware has nothing to do with the model packs. If you want the new models, you will have to pay for them just like the rest of us. Second, a month from now, the stock that stores have will be essentially the same stuff that's out there now. You'll have to wait a considerable, and indeterminate length of time for all the units with older firmware to get bought up before any new batches with the new firmware will ship. You could end up buying it a year from now and still not get the newest firmware. No guarantees about how long something sits in a warehouse, or a retail stockroom.

I would only add that the firmware DOES (likely) concern the Model Packs as it (again likely) enables the capability to add them.

I would only add that the firmware DOES (likely) concern the Model Packs as it (again likely) enables the capability to add them.

That's probably true...but he seems to think that it will all magically appear in the box next month, lol. That ain't happening...new 500X purchasers will still be unboxing old firmware for some time.

• Upvote 2

That's probably true...but he seems to think that it will all magically appear in the box next month, lol. That ain't happening...new 500X purchasers will still be unboxing old firmware for some time.

You make a strong and valid point sir.. :)

In my case the store is the official distributor on my country, Line 6 have to upgrade the all stock of "OLD" HD500x , because if they dont do it, distributor can give all product back, because I dont beleive anyone wants to buy one OLD product for the same price as one new.

In my case the store is the official distributor on my country, Line 6 have to upgrade the all stock of "OLD" HD500x , because if they dont do it, distributor can give all product back, because I dont beleive anyone wants to buy one OLD product for the same price as one new.

Sorry man...but you're not gonna get the new models for free. Line 6 is never going to make new models available for free to some of their customer base, but not others. That would be marketing suicide. The base 500X is still the same unit. Either everybody gets a freebie, or nobody does.

Not for firmware. It's the same product being sold, you just have to downoad the new firmware, which you will have to do anyway if you own the product for any length of time. This has been going on for any digital box with firmware - if you get an older one, just update it. The model packs will not be free for anyone. You are not getting tricked or receiving poor service. This is all normal.

Ok! I just think I buy it wrong day. Is one very good pedalboard but when I buy it I think it can be upgrade it for V2.6 with all new amps for free.

Firmware is free. Always is. New amps are NOT.

Doesn't matter if you buy it today, next week, or next year. If you don't want to believe that, then you will have to find out the hard way. No one is trying to mislead you here. If you already have the 500X, then just wait for the firmware to be released, same as everyone else...then either buy the new amps, or don't. We're all in the same boat. Waiting, or returning it and buying it again later will accomplish nothing.

Ok! I just think I buy it wrong day. Is one very good pedalboard but when I buy it I think it can be upgrade it for V2.6 with all new amps for free.

Sorry, I think someone gave you some misleading information if you think that. It doesn't matter if you buy it now or a month from now - the new amps in the model packs won't be free. The 2.6 firmware update will be free, but it does not include the new amps. Those are only available when you buy the model packs.

For the record, there are currently no plans to add the model packs to existing stock or future shipping PODs.

I really wish all our gear would automatically update while you sleep, like the Tesla Model S. At least AMPLIFi and Firehawk make the process seamless, as we can push both firmware and software updates to your iOS/Android device.

• 1 month later...

Seriously, I just bought a DT50 head and it had the 1.1 flash. It was made in Jan 2013. (Did I mention I bought it new?)

That would be an interesting promotional to sell your stock. Drop the price in the store by $100 to use on the new models. I ended up asking for, and getting, 10% off my HD500X purchase. 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Ya never know til you ask...got nothing to lose.

Seriously, I just bought a DT50 head and it had the 1.1 flash. It was made in Jan 2013. (Did I mention I bought it new?)

That isn't L6's fault. That is your dealer who didn't move inventory, or moved it in the wrong order. 

That isn't L6's fault. That is your dealer who didn't move inventory, or moved it in the wrong order. 

Absolutely correct. I was just giving an example that inventory can end up sitting in a store/warehouse for some time. That's what I thought cruisinon2 meant in his post. I didn't mean to imply that was the fault of Line6. 

On the contrary, I think well of Line6. I used to have a Variax 300 that I bought it used. The tone control didn't work so I called Line6 to see if I could get the part number so I could buy a new switch and replace it myself. Line6 sent me the part. I was not charged for the part or the shipping. That kind of response leaves an impression on you; a good one.