Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lifetime Authorizations And Computer Upgrades

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I'm very confused about lifetime authorizations in context of computers. 

If I understand it correctly I can install pod farm 2.5 on 2 computers simultaneously and I would loose 2 out of 10 life time authorizations and 2 out of 4 device licenses. 

So far so good. But what exactly needs to happen, that the license manager won't recognize one of my computers as a registered device anymore? Is it enough to reinstall windows or even the license manager? Or does it somehow recognize my hardware and react to hardware changes? In that case what can I upgrade and what not if I don't want to loose a license?

This is extremely important to me since I reinstall windows about all 3 months and I also upgrade hardware parts very frequently. Since I use two different computers for recording I would burn up all my lifetime authorizations in about 1-1.5 years if the regulations are very strict.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info. I already found other similar answers, but nothing clear so far.

So according to your link, reinstalling the OS or maybe even renaming your computer, will use up a new authorization license. After you used up all your licenses, line6 support might be kind enough to reset them. But as far as I can see there is no guarantee this will happen.

This is especially annoying since I have Propellerhead Reason and I'm kinda forced to use line 6 products. Is there maybe another solution for me? I know I can use pod farm alongside with reason when I have a line6 interface. But I think I need to additionally register pod farm on my computer to get the amps and cabinets in reason itself. Or does my reason account count as its own device? So that no matter how many times I reinstall reason with my account it won't consume additional authorizations.