#1 unperfectcircle

unperfectcircle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi guys,

have you ever tried the Valvulator in the signal chain before the POD HD (directly into the PA)?

Watching this video ( ) it seems like a great unit, BUT in that demo he runs the POD through a poweramp and a cabinet, not directly into a PA.

My question is: does the Valvulator really worth it in that scenario? Does it take away some of the well-known "fizz" out and add some dynamics to the tone?

Thanks! ;)

#2 unperfectcircle

unperfectcircle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

no experience with this buffer?

I was trying to figure out if I could improve the tone and the feeling of my HD500 adding some hardware, like this Valvulator or - for example - using an external dirt box (like the Blackstar DistX) in order to have an analog distortion source instead of the digital one through the unit. Guess it would sound a bit more realistic, maybe...for my tastes I mainly use the Fireball amp, but to my ears there's something strange inside the tone structure with high gain settings; I can't really describe it clearly, but it's something I especially notice with pinched harmonics and lighter picking/rolled off volume, something strange with the amp response that translates into a digital feeling to me.

D'you think that adding a Valvulator or an external dirt box would improve the tone/feeling?

Hope so because I really love the HD500 from an hardware and fx point of view...the only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the core tone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vht, fryette, valvulator, hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users