Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Update Problems

beizard

Anyone else having problems?

I've upgraded everything for my JTV & HD500X today, along with buying the entire Amp package.

Now my HD500x will not take any kind of input.  Via Variax cable, 1/4" cable, from my Variax, from another guitar, nothing is getting through.

There is nothing that triggers any output, or anything that will register on the tuner.

Anybody else have this issue?

Bill

I identified the cause of the issue.  Looks like some of the *.5xe files that I loaded from my computer are causing the HD500x to no accept any input signal.  That was the first thing I did after the upgrade (load a .5xe file) and then I switched to the existing patches on the HD500x and they work fine.  Also, some other .5xe files load okay.  But just be warned that some files cause problems.

I am able to find/use these "Vintage Pack" amps:

Small Tweed 1X8

Jazz Rivet 2X12

Mandarin 80

A30 Fawn Brt

A30 Fawn Nml

Black Panel Pete

I haven't found the versions of Small Tweed and Jazz Rivet without the cabs (unless I'm just to select "no cab"?).  I also haven't found "Line 6 Acoustic" amp.

I'm also unable to get an output signal from the HD500x. I verified that the system is receiving input by using the tuner. I've rolled back firmware and have tried to reset setlists and adjusted system options to no avail. The system is one week old purchased new from a dealer.

• Upvote 1

I just did the update too on my POD HD PRO X and now it does not have any sound coming out of any of the inputs. I tried going through some of the presets that came with it and none of them produce the sound its suppose to. Only one or two presets have a very weak signal coming from it. This is crap!

Not sure if this is the answer.... but try this.

•  you *must* reset the global setup options which includes resetting the Setlist names and pedal calibration by:
    • Disconnect the USB cable connection between HD500 and host computer.
    • Power off the POD HD500.
    • Power on the POD HD500 while holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button while plugging in the power supply to the POD

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/pod-hd500xhd500-pedal-calibration-r161

Those who are not getting sound should check the Setup menus for the Inputs setting. it can be Global or Preset. I believe the default is Preset, but if you had previously changed it to Global you will need to change it back again.

Peavey 5150 = PV Panama

Roland JC-120 = Jazz Rivet

Fender Champ = Small Tweed

Bogner Shiva = Mahadeva

Orange OR80 = Mandarin 80

VOX AC30 Fawn = A30 Fawn

Remastered JCM800 = Brit 2204

Ampeg SVT = SV Beast

Gallien-Kruger 800RB = G Cougar 800

JC-120 cab = 212 Jazz Rivet

Champ cab = 1x8 Small Tweed

SVT 8x10 cab = 810 SV Beast

SVT 410HLF cab = 410 Rhino

There are no pre versions of XT models, so if you're looking at the pre only part of the amp list, it'll appear as if some models are missing.

I'm also unable to get an output signal from the HD500x. I verified that the system is receiving input by using the tuner. I've rolled back firmware and have tried to reset setlists and adjusted system options to no avail. The system is one week old purchased new from a dealer.

Update: This is now fixed and was User Error... ID10T. I had made a change to the guitar and the output volume was just enough to register on the tuner but not enough to register coming out of the HD500X. I did reset the unit several times and reflash but believe the ultimate root cause was the added variable of the guitar output change (new battery turned out to be bad). Apologies if I caused any undue stress to those waiting to update  ;)

I also resolved my previous issues due to user error (also IODOT).  But there is something new.  Every time I try to use the open or save function, the program crashes.  I may need to re-install.  

I also resolved my previous issues due to user error (also IODOT).  But there is something new.  Every time I try to use the open or save function, the program crashes.  I may need to re-install.  

ID ten T (id10t) 

You got your spelling backwards. 

Anyone tried the Acoustic Amp model yet? I am interested in how that one works.

Meh...wasn't impressed. It's funny, the two amps that I was looking forward to the most were the 5150, and the acoustic, and so far neither one is doing it for me.

Only success I've had for acoustics came from Customtone, oddly enough. If memory serves the name of the patch was "acoustic sym". Bucking conventional wisdom, it actually uses an amp model (one of the blackfaces I believe), with no cab. Closest I've been able to get to just plugging an acoustic straight into a PA...works great with the acoustic in position 5 on the JTV.