Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Univibe Parameter mapping to Original

Palico

Question: I've been working over on my effects setups and the one thing on the POD is the number of parameter controls.  On old school pedals sometimes you just had a couple of knobs. While the POD gives me options to create something truely individual and tweak it (that I love) but it can be sometimes difficult to map to the original if I just want a the effect the way it was.

So right now playing with the Unvibe.

The original controls:

Volume

Switch for Vibrato or Chorus

Intenstiy

Speed - w/ the foot pedal

Pod:

Tempo Sync (great way for setting speed to original, get this one)

Speed

Depth

Feedback

Volsns

Mix.

So: Original -> Pod

Speed -> Speed

Intensity -> Depth

Volume -> ?

I assume the POD is just voiced to the "Chorus" switch, it has other dedicated Vibrato effects.

Okay.

I know what Feedback does. I can assume the default way it loads in would be the setting to the original Univibe. 

What is Volume Sensitivity? Does that match to Volume on the Univibe? I see it meantioned in the manuals but not really what it does.  Or does Mix match to Volume knob on the pedal?

Am I missing something in the manuals on matching up the knobs on the original pedals to the parameters on the POD.

I'm away from my HD500X at the moment, but I think volume sensitivity provides an automatic speed control. With volume sensitive up, the harder you play the faster the speed. Then as the guitar fades out, the speed automatically slows down. That might be it.

I had a Univibe many years ago, and I seem to remember it being pretty subtle. The HD500 model seems more extreme. Maybe its that feedback control.