Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape Wish List

Hi gang!

I've had my M20d for a few months now and love it! Sound quality is great, effects very nice, eq is excellent, feedback suppression has worked fairly well and it's indeed getting easier and easier to get around on it quickly.

I run live sound for small acts - mostly 1 or 2 singers with backing tracks on a laptop or an iPod - so my needs are small, but quality is my primary focus, and the StageScape is QUALITY sound.

However, I have one or two ideas for an easier way to run live sound from it.

1) Effects control in a live show. I use only 2 or 3 different effects during a show - delay, plate reverb and hall reverb. The ballads get the hall, faster songs get the plate and specialty songs (50s or Elvis type song) get the slapback delay.  In a typical show setting the singer holds his big last note and I crank the reverb, swelling to a crescendo. Song ends, applause begins and singer says "Thank you". If you mute the reverb output too soon you cut off the tail, if you mute too late his "thank you" is drenched with reverb. I have a grouped knob for the effects so I can change the output of the verb quickly or mute it on the screen, but same prob.

MY IDEA IS TO BE ABLE TO MUTE THE FX SENDS INSTEAD OF THE OUTPUTS. EASY, ELEGANT AND BETTER. NO MORE CUT OFF TAILS - NO MORE THANK YOUS FROM INSIDE A HUGE CAVERN. MAKE THE FOOTSWITCH ASSIGNABLE TO MUTE ALL FX SENDS INSTEAD OF RETURNS. OR ALLOW CREATION OF AN AUX SEND MASTER AS A GROUPED KNOB, THUS THE MUTE WOULD MUTE THE SEND RATHER THAN THE OUTPUT.

2) Getting to the FX page to chage the reverb decay or delay time takes too long. Now I have to hit tweak for the mic input, slide up until I see Global FX, hit the FX button I want to change and change it. In a live show setting I'm changing this stuff minute by minute. Same problem with EQ - ballad may need more presence at the beginning, drop the highs and add a touch of low end during the belted out high notes.

MY IDEA IS MAKE A WAY TO JUMP RIGHT FROM THE PERFORM PAGE TO ANY PAGE YOU WISH BY DOUBLE CLICKING A KNOB. MY GROUPED "PLATE" KNOB AND GROUPED "HALL" KNOB FOR INSTANCE COULD IMMEDIATELY BRING UP THE PLATE OR HALL PARAMETER PAGE. A KNOB CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF A MIC COULD BE ASSIGNED TO JUMP TO ANY PAGE I WISHED WHEN DOUBLE CLICKED, RATHER THAN THE GENERAL TWEAK PAGE.

Perhaps some of these pages can be left open on an iPad so I can get to them immediately without having to dig thru menus and such, but I haven't gotten an iPad yet to find out.

Thanks for your time!

Steve Cruz

Florida

Hi,

I wish the 31 band Eq would be easier to set, particularly in broad daylight.  The colors of the knobs are not intuitive and I never know which one I have to turn to select a particular frequency band.  I find myself inadvertently changing a band whereas I want to to go to another band...

Cheers

Chris

Hi all

16 chars to name a channel are not enough (for me).

Internationalization (I18N) is not a must, but would be nice (hey, i'm european, i want my Umlauts: üöäÜÖÄ)

Regards,

Tom

UPDATE!!!

I solved my 2nd issue in the original post! I was having trouble getting to the Plate and/or Hall pages fast enough during a show.

SOLUTION - iPad stays open to the Plate and it's a quick jump to the Hall. M20d screen can be anywhere I want while iPad screen can be somewhere else.

Voila! Quicker access to stuff.

I also have an idea for muting the FX sends. I've set up two identical scenes right next to each other, but one has zero level on the FX sends while the other has the normal amount on the FX sends.

Singer hits last big note - reverb swells - I hit the footswitch to select next preset - reverb output continues to decay while receiving no more input, so before the tail is done the singer can say, "Thank you!" Next song starts I hit 2nd footswitch to select previous preset.

Hi gang!

I've had my M20d for a few months now and love it! Sound quality is great, effects very nice, eq is excellent, feedback suppression has worked fairly well and it's indeed getting easier and easier to get around on it quickly.

I run live sound for small acts - mostly 1 or 2 singers with backing tracks on a laptop or an iPod - so my needs are small, but quality is my primary focus, and the StageScape is QUALITY sound.

However, I have one or two ideas for an easier way to run live sound from it.

1) Effects control in a live show. I use only 2 or 3 different effects during a show - delay, plate reverb and hall reverb. The ballads get the hall, faster songs get the plate and specialty songs (50s or Elvis type song) get the slapback delay.  In a typical show setting the singer holds his big last note and I crank the reverb, swelling to a crescendo. Song ends, applause begins and singer says "Thank you". If you mute the reverb output too soon you cut off the tail, if you mute too late his "thank you" is drenched with reverb. I have a grouped knob for the effects so I can change the output of the verb quickly or mute it on the screen, but same prob.

MY IDEA IS TO BE ABLE TO MUTE THE FX SENDS INSTEAD OF THE OUTPUTS. EASY, ELEGANT AND BETTER. NO MORE CUT OFF TAILS - NO MORE THANK YOUS FROM INSIDE A HUGE CAVERN. MAKE THE FOOTSWITCH ASSIGNABLE TO MUTE ALL FX SENDS INSTEAD OF RETURNS. OR ALLOW CREATION OF AN AUX SEND MASTER AS A GROUPED KNOB, THUS THE MUTE WOULD MUTE THE SEND RATHER THAN THE OUTPUT.

2) Getting to the FX page to chage the reverb decay or delay time takes too long. Now I have to hit tweak for the mic input, slide up until I see Global FX, hit the FX button I want to change and change it. In a live show setting I'm changing this stuff minute by minute. Same problem with EQ - ballad may need more presence at the beginning, drop the highs and add a touch of low end during the belted out high notes.

MY IDEA IS MAKE A WAY TO JUMP RIGHT FROM THE PERFORM PAGE TO ANY PAGE YOU WISH BY DOUBLE CLICKING A KNOB. MY GROUPED "PLATE" KNOB AND GROUPED "HALL" KNOB FOR INSTANCE COULD IMMEDIATELY BRING UP THE PLATE OR HALL PARAMETER PAGE. A KNOB CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF A MIC COULD BE ASSIGNED TO JUMP TO ANY PAGE I WISHED WHEN DOUBLE CLICKED, RATHER THAN THE GENERAL TWEAK PAGE.

Perhaps some of these pages can be left open on an iPad so I can get to them immediately without having to dig thru menus and such, but I haven't gotten an iPad yet to find out.

Thanks for your time!

Steve Cruz

Florida

Hi Screws, i do the same thing as you except you are a sound engineer and im just the performer, i sing solo with my ipad and backing tracks and i think you have a grate point TO BE ABLE TO MUTE THE FX SENDS INSTEAD OF THE OUTPUTS and MAKE A WAY TO JUMP RIGHT FROM THE PERFORM PAGE TO ANY PAGE YOU WISH BY DOUBLE CLICKING A KNOB. I also sing old songs that requires similar effects as you described.

PS: Can you please share your effect's and your best compression settings for backing tracks and vocals including attack and release times? i'm having a hard time making my voice set well in the mix, or better yet, can you please email me your m20d's backup file so i can load it in my stagescape and give it a try.  Im willing to pay if i need to.

Thank You In Advance

Adrian.

My email:  rudarel@yahoo.com

Ps: I'm also willing to pay someone to master one of my live performance using stagescape M20D and then send me the settings.