Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Edit 2.25 memory leak

Jordandevoid

post-610744-0-71036800-1428179760_thumb.png

I bought the new model packs and upgraded all firmware and software, and since doing so, HD500X Edit keeps freezing up. Specifically, I can't seem to change AMP models. And I can see in task manager that the memory just keeps climbing into several hundred MB (and I assume it will continue to climb endlessly). Appears to be a memory leak. Anybody else having this issue after upgrading?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Screenshots attached.

Silly question, but since it is a computer issue it has to be asked ---- 

Have you turned your pc off and unplugged it for 5 minutes? 

As well as the Pod? 

And did you reboot when they were disconnected from each other>? 

Yes to rebooting the computer, the POD, disconnecting USB, uninstalling, reinstalling all programs/firmware. All basics have been done.
Anybody else experiencing this bug, or can anyone with Flash 2.61 and Edit 2.25 in Windows 7 confirm that they aren't experiencing this issue?

Update: The program finally crashed when it hit a little less than 2GB of memory use.

I can confirm that I do not have this problem. I let edit run, with the pod connected to usb and turned on, for about an hour. The memory never went above 33MB.

It must something system unique, but unfortunately that doesn't narrow things down.

You said you disconnected USB. Does this mean you have the same problem when you run HD Edit in offline mode? And how quickly does this happen?

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that I do not have this problem. I let edit run, with the pod connected to usb and turned on, for about an hour. The memory never went above 33MB.

It must something system unique, but unfortunately that doesn't narrow things down.

You said you disconnected USB. Does this mean you have the same problem when you run HD Edit in offline mode? And how quickly does this happen?

Just read your post after saying my system died at 1,919,976k - Nearly 2GB - with a HD500X (Latest new firmware).  Ofline it is stable at 28,784k - no movement for 5 mins. I switch on HD500X and don't touch anything - memory climbs - I haven't even said YES or NO to connecting to the device.  Even if I say NO and the SETLISTS are blank memory usage just keeps going up and up and up until Crash.

Just read your post after saying my system died at 1,919,976k - Nearly 2GB - with a HD500X (Latest new firmware).  Ofline it is stable at 28,784k - no movement for 5 mins. I switch on HD500X and don't touch anything - memory climbs - I haven't even said YES or NO to connecting to the device.  Even if I say NO and the SETLISTS are blank memory usage just keeps going up and up and up until Crash.

Well, at least now you can say it is something related to the pod physically being connected to your computer via usb, and only with the pod's usb firmware version of 1.04.

That would mean possibly an incompatibility has risen between your computer's usb implementation and the pod's (since usb 1.04). Could be either hardware, firmware (bios), or software (usb drivers) on the computer side of things, which you might be able to do something about. Try different usb ports for the easiest thing. You could look in your computer's bios to see what usb options are available.

If you want to rule out the pod and you have access to another computer, try the pod on that.

Hi all - I raised a ticket and have resolved this.  I even created a video screen-grab of the memory going up and up until it crashed.

The instructions for me that fixed my issue are below:

--------------------------

BACK UP ALL YOUR INTERNAL BANKS BEFORE

1. Disconnecting the USB cable connection between HD500 and host computer.

2. Power off the POD HD500.

3. Power on the POD HD500 while holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button while plugging in the power supply to the POD.

(Banks are initialized but the pedal must be calibrated again)

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/pod-hd500xhd500-pedal-calibration-r161

Try again

-------------------------

These are what the Line6 Support people told me to do.

It worked - plugged in and not plugged in worked for me.

Things that were slightly odd in the process.

I backed up everything using File > Save Bundle As followed the procedure and then re-loaded the bundle File > Open Bundle.  My set lists names had changed - maybe part of the upgrade / roll-back, but I just renamed these using the "Set Lists" tab.

The initialisation didn't seem to remove all my patches - many but not all - not sure why.

I did have to reconfigure my toe-switch as suggested - but link showed me how to sort this.

So I hope this helps anyone else with the problem.

Mike

Hi all - I raised a ticket and have resolved this.  I even created a video screen-grab of the memory going up and up until it crashed.

The instructions for me that fixed my issue are below:

--------------------------

BACK UP ALL YOUR INTERNAL BANKS BEFORE

1. Disconnecting the USB cable connection between HD500 and host computer.

2. Power off the POD HD500.

3. Power on the POD HD500 while holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button while plugging in the power supply to the POD.

(Banks are initialized but the pedal must be calibrated again)

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/pod-hd500xhd500-pedal-calibration-r161

Try again

-------------------------

These are what the Line6 Support people told me to do.

It worked - plugged in and not plugged in worked for me.

Things that were slightly odd in the process.

I backed up everything using File > Save Bundle As followed the procedure and then re-loaded the bundle File > Open Bundle.  My set lists names had changed - maybe part of the upgrade / roll-back, but I just renamed these using the "Set Lists" tab.

The initialisation didn't seem to remove all my patches - many but not all - not sure why.

I did have to reconfigure my toe-switch as suggested - but link showed me how to sort this.

So I hope this helps anyone else with the problem.

Mike

Not to add fuel to the "L6 you should have done this different" fire but I am surprised they don't make the FW updater automatically do the global reset since it is a mandatory step after flashing.  I didn't have the issue you guys are talking about but I had others that the Global Reset fixed.  Ahh, but as I say it I realize that if they did that then you'd have tons of people complaining about why their expression pedal no longer works right... damned if you do, damned if you don't.