Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot access Variax Workbench thru POD HD500x

rumrill1

I use a Variax 300. I was always able to connect it to Workbench through POD HD500. However,since upgrading to HD500x and its accompanying editor, HD500x Edit, I can no longer access Workbench. I don't know if this is an issue with the new firmware or with HD500x or the editor.

The V300 is recognized by Line 6 Monkey but WB doesn't see it.

I use a Variax 300. I was always able to connect it to Workbench through POD HD500. However,since upgrading to HD500x and its accompanying editor, HD500x Edit, I can no longer access Workbench. I don't know if this is an issue with the new firmware or with HD500x or the editor.

The V300 is recognized by Line 6 Monkey but WB doesn't see it.

The HD500x doesn't support the older Variaxs for pass thought to Workbench. You will have to either get a USB connector for Variax or get an older device. The X3, and HD500 support the connection.  All other function with the older Variax does work.

moot point on my end..... Line 6 does not have Workbench that works on my MacBook pro running Yosemite (10.10.2)...... the latest version says my computer does not have the required OS for it to install....

Thanks. I'm now looking for a used X3. I had an X3 Live before the HD500 and used it to access Workbench. Does anyone know if it's possible to make that same connection (V300 to PC) with the plain "bean" X3 (not X3 Live)?

AND: what about XT? I had one of those too but I forget: does it have Variax in & USB out?