xpanmanx

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Greetings,

I'm trying to use the Monkey 1.62 to check for updates to my FBV Shortboard MKII, but the black Monkey window hangs with the red bar at ~80%, saying, "Detecting MIDI devices..."  It is overlaid by a white window which says, "Searching for all devices..."  Even after some time, these windows do not disappear.

This is an up-to-date Win7 x64 SP1 system with Line 6 drivers v4.2.5.4 installed for GuitarPort, PODxt and POD HD Pro.  The shortboard is connected directly to the computer's USB port.

The white Monkey window has a cancel button, but when clicked the button has no visible effect...the black and the white Monkey windows remain.

Doing an "end task" on "Line 6 Monkey.exe" in the Task Manager applications tab closes the black and the white Monkey windows.  However the processes tab still shows "Line 6 Monkey.exe *32", and there is no visible effect when doing an "end process tree" on "Line 6 Monkey.exe *32" ... which is to say that the process remains.  Windows must be restarted to clear the process.

Then I tried this...
  1. Used the Line 6 Uninstaller to remove all Line 6 software and drivers from the system, rebooted
  2. Downloaded the Monkey 1.62 and verified the MD5 checksum, reinstalled the Monkey.
  3. Ran the Monkey without any USB devices connected, selected POD HD at the "No Devices Detected" dialog
  4. Logged the Monkey into Line 6, downloaded the driver installation program v4.2.5.4 and installed the drivers for GuitarPort, PODxt and POD HD Pro.
  5. Connected the shortboard directly to the computer's USB port, waited until Windows said that the USB driver installation was complete.
  6. Ran the Monkey and the problem remains.
All of this happens also on a Win8 x64 system, with all of the same conditions.

What do I need to do to update my FBV Shortboard MKII?

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 AM   Best Answer

maybe your device has to be registered

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 xpanmanx

xpanmanx