I'm trying to use the Monkey 1.62 to check for updates to my FBV Shortboard MKII, but the black Monkey window hangs with the red bar at ~80%, saying, "Detecting MIDI devices..." It is overlaid by a white window which says, "Searching for all devices..." Even after some time, these windows do not disappear.
This is an up-to-date Win7 x64 SP1 system with Line 6 drivers v126.96.36.199 installed for GuitarPort, PODxt and POD HD Pro. The shortboard is connected directly to the computer's USB port.
The white Monkey window has a cancel button, but when clicked the button has no visible effect...the black and the white Monkey windows remain.
Doing an "end task" on "Line 6 Monkey.exe" in the Task Manager applications tab closes the black and the white Monkey windows. However the processes tab still shows "Line 6 Monkey.exe *32", and there is no visible effect when doing an "end process tree" on "Line 6 Monkey.exe *32" ... which is to say that the process remains. Windows must be restarted to clear the process.
Then I tried this...
- Used the Line 6 Uninstaller to remove all Line 6 software and drivers from the system, rebooted
- Downloaded the Monkey 1.62 and verified the MD5 checksum, reinstalled the Monkey.
- Ran the Monkey without any USB devices connected, selected POD HD at the "No Devices Detected" dialog
- Logged the Monkey into Line 6, downloaded the driver installation program v188.8.131.52 and installed the drivers for GuitarPort, PODxt and POD HD Pro.
- Connected the shortboard directly to the computer's USB port, waited until Windows said that the USB driver installation was complete.
- Ran the Monkey and the problem remains.
All of this happens also on a Win8 x64 system, with all of the same conditions.
What do I need to do to update my FBV Shortboard MKII?