Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Having Fun

ColonelForbin

I just spent the day playing with the gear at home, and I tried out a few different combinations of things. Mostly just did these HD500x direct no-FX looper jams, to test out some tones. Tried to keep it simple, just focused on dialing in some good amp tones. Later in the sequence I shift to an analog pedalboard connected to a DT25 head and cab rig. That recording signal is the XLR out from the DT25 panned to one side, and a Shure Beta 57 on the cab, panned the other way.

I used Pro Tools to assemble it into a mix, and boosted the levels with a compressor plugin. Same template on all mixes. Also did some reso / acoustic jams with the JTV going direct through the HD500 to the recording.

Just a bunch of noodling, some cool tones, a few inspired moments. All in all, a well spent afternoon on one of my days off. Capped it off heading to the studio to hang out while they worked on some vocals for the tracks. New bass parts are sounding sweet! Hence the random doodly jams I did, nothing for me to do in the studio at the moment, so digging having the gear at home.

Cheers!

[Looper Jams w/ HD500, JTV59 and DT25 ; recorded with M20d, mixed with Pro Tools 11]

https://soundcloud.com/the-new-mother-earth-band/sets/looper-jams-2015-04-07

48052_231544387037942_35567512_n.jpg?oh=