Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio Ux1 Outputs... Balanced Or Unbalanced..?

hi,

wanted to check if the 2 1/4in outputs on the pod studio ux1 are balanced on unbalanced... the specs page doesn't mention anything, but i think i read somewhere they're balanced.. not too sure though...

thanks

kabir. 

• 3 years later...

I would like to resurrect this topic. I have a POD studio UX1 (the one that is all black), and the manual does not specify if the analog outputs are balanced or unbalanced. I am going to upgrade to studio monitors, which have TRS balanced inputs, and I want to be sure that my UX1 has balanced outputs. 

What I read on the forums is that the POD studio UX1 has balanced analog outputs, but the manual does not specify it (although it does it for the UX2).

Any official answer?

I don't have an official answer, but you are ok using balanced or unbalanced cables into balance ins.

Balanced vs unbalanced really is not an issue for short distances.

Thank you for the answer.

I was going to buy balanced cables in any case,  but I would like to know if my UX1 has balanced or non balanced outputs. I'll try to contact Line 6.

• 3 years later...

Taken from PodFARM user guide:

Analog Outs - These Left and Right unbalanced jacks are your main outputs and carry all the audio from UX1; the audio from your audio software on the computer, and anything plugged into any UX1 input. These are what you want to connect to your powered speakers or monitoring system for a recording setup.\

Same applies to UX2 and K38