Photo

Pod Studio Ux1 Outputs... Balanced Or Unbalanced..?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cabir

cabir

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

hi,

wanted to check if the 2 1/4in outputs on the pod studio ux1 are balanced on unbalanced... the specs page doesn't mention anything, but i think i read somewhere they're balanced.. not too sure though...

thanks

kabir. 

#2 Kalsten

Kalsten

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

I would like to resurrect this topic. I have a POD studio UX1 (the one that is all black), and the manual does not specify if the analog outputs are balanced or unbalanced. I am going to upgrade to studio monitors, which have TRS balanced inputs, and I want to be sure that my UX1 has balanced outputs. 

What I read on the forums is that the POD studio UX1 has balanced analog outputs, but the manual does not specify it (although it does it for the UX2).

Any official answer?

#3 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7278 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

I don't have an official answer, but you are ok using balanced or unbalanced cables into balance ins.

Balanced vs unbalanced really is not an issue for short distances.

#4 Kalsten

Kalsten

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

I don't have an official answer, but you are ok using balanced or unbalanced cables into balance ins.

Balanced vs unbalanced really is not an issue for short distances.

Thank you for the answer.

I was going to buy balanced cables in any case,  but I would like to know if my UX1 has balanced or non balanced outputs. I'll try to contact Line 6.