3 replies to this topic

#1 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

I've only used one signal path on my X3 Pro and I've been fairly satisfied. I'm just wondering what playing through two signal paths is like? Could I get a thicker sound that way? Like play through a JCM 800 on one path and a JCM 2000 on the other?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15527 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

yeah, you can do that... you can also do vocals or bass through the other path or whatever you want... its a nice option.

#3 brian6string

brian6string

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

There are a couple of ways that dual tones have worked well for me. One is to have a gainy amp on one of the tones and a clean on the other. A Marshall Plexi with an AC30 is a pretty sweet combo. Ben from Skillet used to use a Fender Twin with a Dual Rectifier, same idea. The other is to use two gainy amps side by side. Seth Morrison, Skillet's new guitar player uses a Peavey and a Dual Rectifier. It's a nice combo on the POD. If you're looking for more low end, try mixing the JCM800 with the "big bottom" amp model. It takes a little time to get something that sounds good, but it's worth it. I've uploaded a bunch of dual tones to customtone, search on my username.

#4 omonoiatis9

omonoiatis9

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Lemme start off by saying I play mostly metal. (and most of its subgenres) For me, 1 signal chain always sounded a bit weak. But using 2 tones, panning one to the left and one to the right.... That can produce wanders. Try it for yourself and you will see. Experiment. Using 2 tones always sounds sweeter than using 1, especially if you pan them properly.

My band recently released our demo album, which was recorded entirely through a POD x3. Guitars, bass and vocals. Check it out and tell us what you think. :)
 https://soundcloud.c...ursed-vanguards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users