4 replies to this topic

#1 jc_x_c

jc_x_c

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

I've purchased a Variax JTV69-S in the last few days. It's a quality guitar for sure, with a vast range of sounds and possibilities. It demoed very well in the shop against the Roland V Stratocaster guitars.

On bring the guitar home I quickly drained the battery and tried to put it on charge, this uncovered a number of problems:

1) The adapter to power the charger was a dud...checking with a DVM revealed no voltage on the output...the shop immediately apologized and said they would find me another supply I could use and order a new one

2) The battery charger appeared to work with the replacement charger, red LED on power up, red LED on battery insertion for about an hour of charge, charged overnight...upon inserting this in the guitar and checking the battery status it showed one flashing green LED. It doesn't matter how long a charge the battery I still get the same results

My question is...is the battery faulty or are the electronics in the guitar faulty?

Not sure whether to peruse this with the shop or Line6

But I am pretty disappointed with this :(

Thanks for any infor

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

there was a discussion about this recently and it seems the learned gentlemen discovered the green light has to do with updating. although not flashing. are you saying the battery is not charging?

http://line6.com/sup...light#entry6411

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

f I were to guess, in this situation, I would suspect a faulty battery first over something being wrong with the guitar. Was the LED on the battery charger flashing when you removed the battery?

there was a discussion about this recently and it seems the learned gentlemen discovered the green light has to do with updating. although not flashing. are you saying the battery is not charging?

I believe he's talking about the battery indicator LEDs on the back of the guitar. There are four small LEDs that indicate how much charge is left.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#4 jc_x_c

jc_x_c

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Interesting, I hadn't thought the guitar may be telling me it needs a software update...I will look into that

The battery, was charged overnight, no the red light on the charger was not flashing...So I believe the guitar is telling me either:

1) The battery has not charged and still has minimal power in it, the 'Pilots Manual' does state this means less than 1 hour of battery power

2) There is some other problem, that the guitar is trying to tell me about

Thanks for the post

http://line6.com/sup...light#entry6411

#5 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well, if the charger LED wasn't flashing when you removed the battery, it would indicate that the battery isn't charging.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users