Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brand New Variax Jtv69-s Battery Problems

I've purchased a Variax JTV69-S in the last few days. It's a quality guitar for sure, with a vast range of sounds and possibilities. It demoed very well in the shop against the Roland V Stratocaster guitars.

On bring the guitar home I quickly drained the battery and tried to put it on charge, this uncovered a number of problems:

1) The adapter to power the charger was a dud...checking with a DVM revealed no voltage on the output...the shop immediately apologized and said they would find me another supply I could use and order a new one

2) The battery charger appeared to work with the replacement charger, red LED on power up, red LED on battery insertion for about an hour of charge, charged overnight...upon inserting this in the guitar and checking the battery status it showed one flashing green LED. It doesn't matter how long a charge the battery I still get the same results

My question is...is the battery faulty or are the electronics in the guitar faulty?

Not sure whether to peruse this with the shop or Line6

But I am pretty disappointed with this :(

Thanks for any infor

there was a discussion about this recently and it seems the learned gentlemen discovered the green light has to do with updating. although not flashing. are you saying the battery is not charging?

http://line6.com/support/topic/931-ive-searched-but-cant-find-where-the-meaning-of-different-colors-of-led-lights-mean/?hl=%2Bgreen+%2Blight&do=findComment&comment=6411

f I were to guess, in this situation, I would suspect a faulty battery first over something being wrong with the guitar. Was the LED on the battery charger flashing when you removed the battery?

there was a discussion about this recently and it seems the learned gentlemen discovered the green light has to do with updating. although not flashing. are you saying the battery is not charging?

I believe he's talking about the battery indicator LEDs on the back of the guitar. There are four small LEDs that indicate how much charge is left.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, I hadn't thought the guitar may be telling me it needs a software update...I will look into that

The battery, was charged overnight, no the red light on the charger was not flashing...So I believe the guitar is telling me either:

1) The battery has not charged and still has minimal power in it, the 'Pilots Manual' does state this means less than 1 hour of battery power

2) There is some other problem, that the guitar is trying to tell me about

Thanks for the post

http://line6.com/support/topic/931-ive-searched-but-cant-find-where-the-meaning-of-different-colors-of-led-lights-mean/?hl=%2Bgreen+%2Blight&do=findComment&comment=6411

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I have had my Variax 69s for two weeks now and I have the same problem with charging the battery. No matter how long i charge the batteri (10, 15 or 20 hours) the batteri only will last for about one hour in the guitar. This is not close to the 10 hours that Line 6 states battery life should be.

The battery charges with a solid red light and flashes when the fully charged. What is the solution?

Thanks!

When I first got my JTV I was paranoid about losing charge mid way through a gig, not that I was having the same problems as you guys. To get around this I switched to a VDI cable so the HD500 powered the JTV. This had the added advantage of being able to change guitar model and tuning on the pod. I know you shouldn't have to go to those lengths but at least there are some benefits. ...Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if you guys from Line 6 have a solution to why the battery in my Variax 69s is only lasting one hour and not 10-12 hours as it should. As far as I know the battery charges nomally.

What is most likely a faulty battery or guitar. The battery drains in the guitar if the modelling position is on or not in use.

Love the guitar but not with a faulty battery. Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Well, if it's still under warranty, you shouldn't have to pay for replacing a defective battery or a charger IMO. You should open a support ticket with the Line 6 customer service department here:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

One thing you'll need to work out with them is whether the battery is bad or the charger is bad. Kinda doubt it's both, but it could happen, I suppose...

Think you said it's a Standard, so less than a year old? -- should still be under warranty.... Start there first. Describe your problem and symptoms with them.

Dave

I don't have the receipt or anything.bought it from guitar center new.. . Can I still get it fixed for free ?

Getting warranty work done is like dealing with an insurance company...they don't want to pay for it, and if they can find an excuse not to, they're gonna use it. No proof that you're still in the warranty period is an ideal reason to say no. I'd try an locate something...receipt, credit card statement, if I were you. Ask at GC if they can dig a receipt out of the computer. If you paid with a card, they always ask for info with big purchases. Usually stops just sort of demanding a DNA sample...

• 2 weeks later...

Mattherb,

Register your product, and then log a ticket in you Line 6 account so that

someone from Custom Support will be info and knows to respond. Unless

you register the product and log a ticket, they won't know that you have a

problem, until you let them know.

And someone at Guitar Center will have paperwork somewhere.