Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with the POD X3 Live

juanpra9909

I know this is not a new topic, but I'm getting tried of trying to record with my POD X3 Live and being unable to do it. 

I have an HP Envy dv6 notebook (12 MB RAM, core i7) and a Squier Jazz Bass. I've tried several times to connect my bass through the USB port to my PC but the level output I get is very low. 

I don't use amp, since I connect headhpones to the pedal and get the sound from my pc and my bass through them, so I hear it loud while playing, but when I hear the recorded track, the bass is almost impossible to hear.

I've tried with Adobe Audition, Audacity, FL Studio 11, but the result doesn't change, low bass volume.

I'm now lost and have no idea of how to solve this problem. 

Could anybody please help me and explain me (really explain me) what I'm doing wrong and how to get a good quality bass sound into my computer through the Line 6 POD X3 Live? 

I don't have money, so please don't tell me to buy new things (well, if they're like $ 20 or cheaper tell me). I want to know if I can record my bass with the equipment I own. Thank you very much for the help.

Btw, I'm a spanish speaking, so forgive if there are mistakes.

post-1559889-0-73948800-1428975239_thumb.jpg

Run Monkey to make sure you have current drivers.Check the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel to see what you ate sending to your DAW.

Make sure you are using the ASIO drivers in your DAW.

Also, you can capture wet and dry simultaneously and and the Pod Farm 1 plug-in post processing. TheX3 has a Pod Farm 1 plug-in hardware enabled license.

After checking the items that Triyche meantion.  I think there is boost feature in the ASIO control panel. Just pull up the Line 6 folder and look for the driver information.  Also in Gearbox there is a level knob at the top to send more signal.

Make sure you using the meters in the DAW to see the actual input to the DAW not your headphones. The level could be low in the headphones in clipping in the DAW. Make sure the DAW level is right and turn up the headphones to comfortable level if needed.  Also check make sure you have setup to use hardware monitoring on the DAW to avoid latency.