Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Good bias, bias X, and sag settings for Brit J45 and Plexi Lead 100

scias23

After almost two years of using Brit75 amp, I'm finding the breakup of the amp a bit harsh. I started experimenting with the J45 and Plexi Lead, however I haven't touched the bias and sag settings.

Can someone give advise on what setting to use? I love smooth crunch tones. I'm no metalhead. (and have no skills for shredding yet)

EDIT: My guitar is a fender strat with texas special pups.

You might be interested in my next demo video where I feature a patch created with the Plexi and demo it with a Strat using Texas Specials.

I hope to have it uploaded by this evening

Cheers.

Great!

I saw a pretty good explanation of how those setting work, and it seems that the major effect is on how the amp feels and responds to picking attack. I wish I could find that and provide a link, but I think I saw it these forums.

-Max

I saw a pretty good explanation of how those setting work, and it seems that the major effect is on how the amp feels and responds to picking attack. I wish I could find that and provide a link, but I think I saw it these forums.

-Max

It's in the BLOG section - link found at the bottom of each Line 6 website page if you scroll down - and then you scroll through the entries to find it - but here is a direct link to save time:  http://blog.line6.com/2013/pod-hd-amplifier-extras%e2%80%94using-the-sag-bias-and-bias-excursion-settings/

• Upvote 1