Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawks are now in the US

bond19

Finally cracked the box open and plugged my les paul into the firehawk. Went through the patches one by one, tried the tuner and the tap tempo, then mated it via bluetooth to my samsung galaxy tab. They communicated easily, and I was able to use my favorite music player to stream to the unit. A few thing i noticed, at least in my configuration, the stock patches are quite good, but there is a slight delay when switching between them. I also noticed when switching between a few of the high gain distorted patches, there was a kind of "swirling" sound which happened in the split second between the switching of the two. I really liked the variation of tones you get when switching cabs- i took a cheesy sounding distortion patch, switched the cab to greenback 25's, and the patch suddenly became a thick sounding monster. I like that the user patches start out with nothing in them, so you can start right at the barebones, choose your amp, cab, etc. until your sound takes shape. I do wish there was more user patch space on the unit, as I think I will need about 4 or 5 blank banks of 4 to arrange my setup how i like it, this means deleteing a few of the crazy sounding modulation patches, and moving others i want to keep into a different block- this seems like a time consuming task, but it is super easy to move them- all you have to do tap on the firehawk fx icon then tap on the "three lines" icon on the top right of the bank/patch screen, everything will turn grey, and each patch will have the "three line" icon beside it, if you click on that icon, you can drag it to wherever you want. Deleting was a bit more challenging, i did by way of saving a blank "user" patch to my tones, then tap on save to hardware, to open up the patch screen, drop it on the unwanted patch, then confirm. You will notice that the bluetooth device will not populate right away, sometimes it will take a reeboot (by the way the populating of patches takes a few minutes- at least on my device) to view the exact mirror of the patches stored on the firehawk. These are just a few things I have noticed after noodling with my firehawk for a couple of hours, I expect it will take up most of my free time in the coming days- I'm lovin' this thing!

• Upvote 1