Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Marshall AS50D 50W 2x8 Acoustic Guitar Combo Amp

Revanant

Good Afternoon,

I have acquired a POD HD500 from a friend and love interfacing it with my computer and dialing in the sounds. My only amp is a Spider IV 75w and I have to run it in test mode as there is no FX Loop on it. I play my American Telecaster and Epiphone Les Paul Standard through this amp. I recently purchased a Taylor 214CE and was looking at the Marshall AS50D as a amp for it. My question is: Could I use the HD500 with the AS50D, playing my two electric guitars through it and get the same tones I get with my Spider IV. My venue is a medium sized church and my sounds range from clean to distortion, always rhythm, never lead.

I think you could. I have used a Roland AC90 which is a similar amp. You won't be able to play that loud, but it should sound good a relatively low volumes. So think about the environment/context in which you're using the configuration to determine if an amp that small meets your needs. This is a FRFR amp, so it should sound better than Spider. An AS100D would be more flexible.