Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global EQ idea!

sidroe

I think the global eq is a huge step forward for us users. I do have one suggestion to make that could really come in handy. What if we had at least 10 or 20 memory slots for the global eq! Those of us who play many different venues on a regular basis could simply do our sound checks, get our global eq setting at optimum for that room and save it!

Over a period of time we would have our list of rooms to choose from and simply call it up. This would also open the door for possibly famous producers or artists presets to be developed and sold for the global eq. Just a thought. It might be something to consider for the new products coming down the road.

Have to admit, it would be a feature that makes our job a little easier and I'm always up for that.

• Upvote 1

That IS actually a decent idea. 

I mean, I think the entire idea of a GEQ is pretty silly because I plug direct to the pa and have a sound man make adjustments as needed. But since GEQ is here to stay, I do like your idea of having a list of programmable GEQ slots. 

However, I do sound check before every gig. Even the same place, two nights in a row will have different settings. So, I don't think it would be feasible to trust the same GEQ at the same venue every time. 

I have no idea what you mean by having producers create sellable ideas. I doubt Pharrell or Mutt Lange are going to make patches for Joe's Corner Pub. And I doubt that Frankie in Hollywood is going to buy a GEQ patch for a tavern in Freidmont Wisconsin. 

That's a good idea. And it's not foreign to Line 6. The M20d mixer has a concept of a 'Setup' that includes a lot of settings that are designed to be venue (and band) specific. Don't see why it couldn't be down-scaled to Global EQ only, and applied to a multi-FX device.

EDIT: May be a bit late for the Pod HD devices, given that the one Global EQ appears to have maxed out the device resources (e.g. global EQ is not available for the several L6 LINK send points due to resource constraints). But certainly should be considered for future.

I agree Pianoguyy! But at least you would have a decent starting point to tweak from and not having to start over from scratch. That was my thinking anyway. I'm glad you all think it was a good idea.