Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A modeler from Marshall?

cruisinon2

I can see all the tube Nazis getting in a twist already...lol

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/marshall-goes-digital-with-its-first-

official-software-amplifier/

This would be an interesting A/B test...a Line 6 vs. Marshall cage match!

Price is amusing... $199 for the plug-in, and another $300 for the only sound card that it will work with.

Anybody still think our model packs are overpriced?

Very interesting crusin on. I wonder how many people could tell the difference between the real mc coy and a good modelled amp.

I don't think I have the ears for it any more. Too much zeppelin and Aerosmith etc, when I was younger.

As for the Marshall pricing, it is steep in my books. Line 6 is a great deal price wise I think.

Very interesting crusin on. I wonder how many people could tell the difference between the real mc coy and a good modelled amp.

I don't think I have the ears for it any more...

I wouldn't feel too bad...there are "golden eared" engineers and producers who get fooled by modelers.

Very interesting, the price is pretty high for a single modded amp. As well as my Line 6 products I have a pretty heavy investment in Amplitube products. They also have products endorsed by the manufacturers...and their amps are between $20-$30.