Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD model packs over multiple units

gtrman66

Hello all,

I am considering purchasing the model pack expansion for the HD500x but have a couple of questions.

I have an HD500x and use it regularly for gigs, recording, rehearsals etc. So much so that I'm going to be buying a second hd500x as a backup. I want to have matching presets on both units so it's a seemless switch if something does happen.

If I buy the model pack(s) for the HD500X is this a license for only one unit? Or is it good for multiple HD500X's for the same registered user?

Thanks for any info, advice, etc!

On 2 units here, too -- a 500X & 500. I think the limit of 4 is probably right as you can have up to 4 active registered devices at once. You can register more, I've read here, if you have more than 1 L6 accounts - different user names & sign-ons, BUT, the Model Packs would only be available for the account you bought it under, I would expect.... Dunno if it's true, but it would stand to reason.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

If Line6 develops the new model packs for the DT amps (which would be awesome) and I already bought the amps for my HD500X, do you think the DTs would fall under this "4 active registered devices" deal? Is there a precedence for this in previous hardware?

Thanks

So.... What if/When we sold our Pod HD? (in about 1 year or less, when the next generation Pod or Fractal AX8 hit the shelves)

It´s is possible to create a new L6 account just to register our machines with the xpansion packs installed?

This is the main reason (besides the price of the models packs)  that is holding me in the intention of buying it.

Moreover:
- There is any "legal" impediment to doing this? (I mean selling the Pod HD and give the buyer the associated account from which the models packs were purchased)
- Once the model packs are installed, they remain installed on the machine forever? Or you need to keep track of L6 associated account?

Moreover:

- There is any "legal" impediment to doing this? (I mean selling the Pod HD and give the buyer the associated account from which the models packs were purchased)
- Once the model packs are installed, they remain installed on the machine forever? Or you need to keep track of L6 associated account?

That was my question since the initial announcement - what happens when you sell your unit. 

It is my understanding that purchases do not carry over to the new owner (once a firmware is installed). But you are correct, that you could create an account for the purpose of letting the new owner have it. I don't know if that is legal because I haven't read the fine print. 

A bigger question would be --- is your name/bank information stored in that account and then your new owner would have access to it?