Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro X Unbalanced Output Problem

string_slinger

Hi POD Family!

Wanted to ask your help before taking this off to a tech. I have a PD HD Pro X that I bought new about 15 months ago. Up until now I haven't had to use the unbalanced outs (been rolling SPDIF and balanced outputs).

Last night I fired up the unbalanced's for the first time (got a Marshall EL84 20/20 for live use), and I found that I'm getting extremely low volume from the one side. Check the amp, check my cables, checked my patches - it's definitely the POD's unbalanced outs that're the problem. I checked them into my audio interface to be sure, and I can see it on the levels. Plus when use the pan controls in POD HD Pro EDIT to test this with a mono amp patch setting, the sound is significantly lower level full right as opposed to full left. 

Before I have to start looking for a tech, has anyone else experienced this? Is there something unashamedly obvious I may be missing? (been using Line6 gear for 15 years, so I don't think so, but there's always room to learn)

Secondly, does anyone know what Line6's warranty policy is after a year of ownership? I sincerely had not used these before yesterday, so I can only assume the problem has been there since I unboxed it.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Cheers

ss